    Alternatively, if I sign up to the Global Village package that comes
    with the Zoom X5v router/adsl/Voip box, how can I dial a Draytel user
    from the Zoom box?

    google, Jun 20, 2005

  2. google

    Martin² Guest

    As it uses the 'sort of' std. SIP it should be perfectly possible to set up
    Draytel on the X5v.

    You need to find out if Global Village has a pairing agreement with Draytel
    and what prefix no to dial to reach Draytel users.

    Failing that set up both of you with sipgate.co.uk which is free and easy,
    problem solved.

    Finally, if you friend has a static IP you should be able to just dial it
    with * in place of the full stops. Else you can exchange IP numbers via
    email before making the call.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jun 22, 2005