    only require a minimum of uid/pwd/domain to work', but this doesn't seem
    to be the case with the Zoom, or am I missing something.

    Any ideas?

    Mark Ingle, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Mark Ingle

    John Geddes Guest

    I got one working on Sipgate very easily - I'd equipped myself with
    every setting under the sun (from my Sipura 2000 setup screens) and
    found that it did indeed ask just for uid/pwd/domain, and worked first time.

    John Geddes

    John Geddes, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Mark Ingle

    Martin² Guest

    Is your locked to GlobalVillage ? Vonage does that with their Linksys kit.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jul 12, 2005
  4. Mark Ingle

    Mark Ingle Guest

    Thanks for your reply. Apparently it is not locked to GlobalVillage.
    Incidentally, I have been rather unimpressed with GlobalVillage as I
    raised a support ticket with them on the 27th of June; they supposedly
    take up to three business days to respond but I still haven't had any
    answer.

    I have managed to find setup details for the Zoom X5V with Sipgate here:

    http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_1980.html

    though SipGate is not really a suitable provider for me as I really want
    a US phone number which I am happy to pay for. I have tried setting up a
    free Sipgate account to test, but the account itself doesn't appear to
    be working; although I have set up voicemail, when I dial the number
    from a normal phone the number is constantly busy. My VOIP router says
    'Registration Failed' which is not very helpful.

    I did briefly look at Vonage, but for my use the monthly charges are too
    expensive since I have no need for bundled local and national calls, and
    I object to paying a cancellation fee.

    Mark Ingle, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Mark Ingle

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Mark Ingle wrote:

    [snip]
    If you want a free US number that can be forwarded to any SIP account,
    including Sipgate, try www.ipkall.com. The numbers are all in Washington
    State (360) area code but they are genuinely free and work well.

    You can get other area codes from other suppliers, but they usually cost
    money and I'm a skinflint so free works for me..!!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 12, 2005
  6. Mark Ingle

    Mark Ingle Guest

    As a follow-up to my own message, after much fiddling I've managed to
    get the Zoom X5v working with voipfone.co.uk; it would appear the trick
    is to also put the local sip port numbers into the sip proxy port and
    oubound proxy port, ignoring the nat proxy numbers.

    Mark Ingle, Jul 12, 2005
  7. Mark Ingle

    Ian Hopkins Guest

    I've got a Zoom V3 which seems to have a very similar setup to the V5.
    However, I cannot seem to be able to remove the settings for Gobal
    Village. I have removed the tick for Auto Account Configuration and
    over-written the account details, server addresses and ports but as soon
    as I try and save my changes, most of the setup details revert to Global
    Village again. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

    Ian

    Ian Hopkins, Jul 14, 2005