Zoom X3 Modem Configuration

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by Vince, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Vince

    Vince Guest

    I've connected the modem up, via a linlsys wireless-g router, and it
    works fine for connecting to the internet. The other PC on the
    wireless-g network can also connect to the internet.

    Two problems:
    1) When configuring the modem, I can only see the 'basic' page. I
    cannot get to any of the other configuration pages because there is no
    row of icon/links at the top of the 'basic' configuration page as
    illustrated in the manual. Any ideas on how to get these icons to
    display?

    2) The other PC can see the wireless network and connect through it
    to the internet but it cannot see this PC or anything it is trying to
    share. As far as I can see, both are in the same workgroup and have
    the same network settings. Obviously, I'm missing something. Any
    ideas what?

    Thanks,
    Vince.

    Vince, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Vince

    Bob Mortimer Guest

    If it helps (Assuming you're still running it on 10.0.0.2):
    System Status is http://10.0.0.2/doc/home.htm
    ADSL Status is http://10.0.0.2/doc/adsl.htm
    Basic setup is http://10.0.0.2/doc/wan_adv.htm
    Advanced Setup is http://10.0.0.2/doc/home.htm
    Help is ... a complete waste of time!
    I had big problems with mine initially till I got them running on the
    same subnet etc. I'd suggest manually configuring your computer's IP
    to 10.0.0.15 for example, and set 10.0.0.2 as your gateway and DNS.

    Bob Mortimer, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Vince

    Vince Guest

    Thanks Bob.
    Those web addresses work fine. Not sure why the links on the
    configuration web pages don't appear of their own accord though.
    Still having problems creating an XP workgroup that the second PC can
    see. I'll try a few things out before postting where I'm at.

    Vince.

    Vince, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Vince

    Vince Guest

    Curiously, I can see all the modem configuration icons on the 10.0.0.2
    webpage from the PC that connects to it across the wireless network
    but not from the PC that is wired directly to it through the wireless
    router. The local PC has to go directly to the web addresses you
    gave.

    I wonder if this is a symptom of why I can't set up a wireless network
    via this router?

    Vince.

    Vince.

    Vince, Nov 27, 2003