Zoom ATA 5801

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ZoomUser, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. ZoomUser

    ZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello there,

    I have been using this ATA for the last couple of days and so far I must say I am quite pleased. Yes, it took a couple of trial and error attempts to set it up and I have applied the "Ring Debounce = 25" setting as I have read in this forum, but otherwise I think this is a good value piece of kit. It gives the feeling that it is targeted to VOIP service providers to package with their products rather than end users but it seems to have a good spec (on paper at least!)

    I still have one problem, which I am hoping someone out there might help with:

    Outgoing calls using Betamax companies on Voip Account 1 (default) work, without problems now.

    Incoming calls, using Sipgate on Voip Account 2, ring ok, but I cannot hear the other party speak, although the other party hears me fine.

    What could be the reason?

    - There is no problem with the other party (tried with several phones)
    - X-Lite on PC receives the calls fine using the same sipgate account (and I can hear the other party) I am surprised this worked because the ports recommended by sipgate were forwarded to the ATA and not to the PC using X-Lite (on the same network).

    Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

    ZoomUser

    ZoomUser, Aug 2, 2006

  2. ZoomUser

    ZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Solved this now...

    Responding to my own thread, in case it helps someone in future:

    I have solved this problem by forcing the codec to G.729 (Preferred Codec = G.729)

    ZoomUser, Aug 3, 2006

  3. ZoomUser

    AnotherZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I recently bought a Zoom 5800 ATA (almost identical to 5801).

    I also use the Betamax companies for my VOIP.

    When there is an incoming call to my VOIP number, my phone doesnt ring and even if i pick it up it does not connect.
    However if i call someone using my VOIP account and then immediatly after the call if i call my voip number then my phone rings and does connect.

    I'm just wondering if you have encountered this?

    Also would you mind sharing what settings you have changed on your ATA?

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit: I've tried changing the codecs but there has been no difference

    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
    AnotherZoomUser, Aug 7, 2006
  4. ZoomUser

    AnotherZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Another question I have, how do you configure your zoom ata for sipgate?
    I can't get mine to work with it.

    Thanks.

    AnotherZoomUser, Aug 8, 2006
  5. ZoomUser

    ZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    My 5801 is working fine with Sipgate incoming calls.

    Apart from Voip Account, the only thing I changed on the unit was "Ring Debounce" setting, which is under Regionalization, Other menu, to 25.

    I found the Voip Account settings mostly by trial and error. The only way to check if the settings were correct, was set it up on Voip Account 1. When I got a "Ready to make calls" message, then it was fine. Then I copied the working settings to Account 2 and used Betamax settings for Account 1.

    I am not sure how to insert a picture to this message, therefore I will try and pm you a screenshot of my account settings.

    ZoomUser, Aug 9, 2006
  6. ZoomUser

    AnotherZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for the reply,
    So far i've been trying to use sipgate on account 3, i'll give it a try on account 1, did you use the sipgate stun server?
    I've currently got mine configured to use the betamax stun server afaik i can't have more than 1 stun server.
    Also are you able to recieve incoming calls on your betamax account?

    AnotherZoomUser, Aug 9, 2006
  7. ZoomUser

    ZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    No problems.

    Yes, for Account 2 I am using
    Proxy Domain: stun.sipgate.net:1000

    For the same field in Account 1, I have
    Proxy Domain: sip.internetcalls.com

    Unfortunately I cannot receive incoming calls from Betamax because by the time I started with this whole VOIP thing, they had already stopped giving inbound numbers. So I don't have one.

    ZoomUser, Aug 9, 2006
  8. ZoomUser

    AnotherZoomUser

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you very much,

    It works now! Not sure which setting made the difference as I made several at once.

    It appears that Betamax currently doesn't support incoming SIP calls if you have a number provided by them.

    Once again thanks!

    AnotherZoomUser, Aug 9, 2006
  9. ZoomUser

    bilbonvidia

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi. I have a ZOOM 5800 and I would like to be able to get another VOIP account working and be able to use it by dialing a prefix but I have not been able to. I have copied settings that work fine in account 1 into account two and specified the number '2' as a dial prefix but when I press 2 on my phone and the number it does not seem to work. How do you get it to work. Also have you worked out how to change the volume on PSTN and VOIP calls.

    Cheers

    bilbonvidia, Aug 30, 2006
  10. ZoomUser

    chk

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    call with sipgate

    thanks to this post i can receive calls w.sipgate and the 5801. but how do i make calls? diallig e.g. 10000 or 50000 has no effect

    thanks
    chris

    chk, Sep 20, 2006