Zonealarm won't let me download files.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kompu Kid, Jul 31, 2004.

  1. Kompu Kid

    Kompu Kid Guest

    Although I have taken off certain file extensions from the quarantine
    list under "e-mail protection", I'm not able to download certain
    files. In fact, I could not even download an upgrade to Zonealarm
    itself today because it had an extension of ".EXE".

    Some of these files are attachments to the e-mails I receive via
    Yahoo! mail, some are downloads from Web pages.

    I checked all the other tabs to see if I need to change a different
    setting, but so far no luck in resolving this issue. I have been
    stopping ZoneAlarm to be able to do the downloads, and then start it
    again.

    I am using Windows 2000 professional.

    Thanks!

    Deguza
    (Post your replies here, Hotmail may block your e-mails to me.)

    Kompu Kid, Jul 31, 2004

  2. Kompu Kid

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 31, 2004

  3. Kompu Kid

    Bart Bailey Guest

    I can download any file, with any extension, using Opera and ZA.
    I've found that email with attachments are for the most part malware and
    as such my mailwasher pro marks them for deletion, also email containing
    HTML is typically spam and it gets flagged for deletion as well.
    I haven't ever experienced an email borne malady.
    But then I don't have IE/OE onboard so I would have to infect myself
    through deliberate actions.
    That's just a work around for something that should rightly be corrected
    at the source.
    Using Windows v98SE,
    Opera v6.06,
    ZA Free v3.7.211

    I have another machine with XP-Pro(fat) no SPs that's used for
    multimedia due to the wide range of formats it plays, but I wouldn't
    SBC doesn't block shit, and I do mean shit.
    I get Klez infected crap regularly. SBC only blocks it if I try to
    forward to the ISP of the hapless soul spreading it.

    Bart Bailey, Jul 31, 2004
  4. Kompu Kid

    charlie R Guest

    Before downloading, turn off Cookie, Ad, and Mobile Code blocking in
    ZAP. Also, check to make you're not blocking "FILE extensions that
    may contain a virus" in Outlook Express, Tools, Options, Security.
    Turn off Mail Safe in ZAP to see if that's causing it. I don't use
    it. It conflicts with the AV.

    charlie R

    charlie R, Jul 31, 2004
  5. Kompu Kid