    not entitled to this update unless I purchase the product?

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies, Jun 23, 2004

  2. ZoneAlarm std is still free, but it's started to turn into a piece of shit.

    Uninstall the current version before you install the new one, get through
    all the spam screens trying to induce to buy, then turn off automatic
    updates on the preferences tab.

    Emrys Davies the button maker, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Emrys Davies

    DigiAl Guest

    I just installed the update (Pro version) and didn't have to uninstall.

    The button should open the webpage for the updated download - click the link
    on the page to download the .exe and then once downloaded execute the
    exe - it will ask if you want to Update or Clean Install.and will do its
    business.

    alan

    DigiAl, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Aye, you have to install it manually. When you download the program file
    from Zone Alarm, it'll be put into your default download directory, wherever
    that is. Find the installer and run it, that'll update ZA.

    Dave.

    Tin-Char D'un, Jun 23, 2004