ZoneAlarm uninst

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, May 7, 2005.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo All
    O's = WinME

    Tried to remove ZoneAlarm from my pc via "add/remove programes" but it
    wasn't in there.

    Tried to remove it via it's own uninstall programme but it halted with error
    message "unable to close down true vector monitor please close open
    programme".

    I closed all programmes that didn't need to be running but it still said
    "unable to close down true vector monitor ...."

    So i manualy deleted Zone Alarm and did a "search" and deleted all the
    ZoneAlarm files/folders etc.

    Tried to re -install Z.A. and now i get an error message saying:-

    "Setup is unable to shut down the TrueVector service. Install cannot
    continue without shutting down the TrueVector service.
    Please use the "service manager" to shut down the TrueVector service and
    then restart the
    installer program"

    I think it wants me to shut down the "TrueVector service" :)))))))))))

    Well.......what is it.......how do i shut it down ...and what is the
    "service manager"??

    Many thanks

    anOLDun, May 7, 2005

  2. anOLDun

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Dude...check the time and date on your PC.

    And - what is your OS? In XP, the service manager is easiest to get to by
    right-clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage". Go to the bottom of
    the left pane - Services and Applications, click the plus sign, click on
    Services. Stop the TrueVector service (on the left) by right-clicking on it,
    then select "Stop" from the menu.

    Toolman Tim, May 8, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    SgtMinor Guest

    ZoneAlarm comes with its own uninstall program. ZA specifically
    recommends not using the 'add/remove programs' feature of windows.
    Download the appropriate user guide from:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/za/znalmMain.jsp?lid=zasupp_n
    and search for the phrase "uninstall" for more info.

    SgtMinor, May 9, 2005
  4. anOLDun

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Jim Byrd, May 9, 2005