    let me know. I'm actually looking for a good antivirus that does it's job
    and hog system resources etc. you know what i mean..

    thanks

    Nick, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Nick

    °Mike° Guest

    I haven't/wouldn't use ZoneAlarm Security Suite,
    but here's my preferences:

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    1. KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    2. eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    3. Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    Firewall:
    ---------
    Outpost 2.0
    Outpost 1.0 (free)
    www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html
    Outpost Firewall Guide
    http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/index.htm
    AGNIS for Outpost: Outpost Ad Block List
    http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm#Outpost

    °Mike°, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Nick

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    I can't endorse CA any more. They lied when they promised the beta
    testers that "as long as you use the product we'll continue to supply
    updates". And then they lied when they said "you'll lock in the special
    renewal fee of $9.98 a year". Both promises were made in perpetuity
    neither lasted a year.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Nick

    °Mike° Guest

    eZ used to be first on my list, and I'm sure they
    won't stay at number two for long; it is continuing
    to slide in the exotic detection area, not to mention
    that many times I have submitted a file that I KNOW
    is malware, and to this day, several have not been added
    to the detection list. On the other hand, if you submit
    a file to Kaspersky, you will usually get an email back
    (within hours) saying that is has already been added,
    or an email to say what it is, and that it will be added
    to the next update, which is usually within three hours.
    Computer Associates just don't come near...

    °Mike°, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Nick

    Agnes L. Guest

    | On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:51:16 +0100, °Mike° <>
    | scribbled:
    |
    | >2. eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
    |
    | I can't endorse CA any more. They lied when they promised the beta
    | testers that "as long as you use the product we'll continue to supply
    | updates". And then they lied when they said "you'll lock in the special
    | renewal fee of $9.98 a year". Both promises were made in perpetuity
    | neither lasted a year.

    Might have something to do with the following:

    http://www.google.ca/search?q=Computer+Associates+bankruptcy&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

    Aggie

    Agnes L., Jun 6, 2004
  6. Nick

    °Mike° Guest

    What does that show? That you've searched for
    Computer AND Associates AND bankruptcy, nothing
    more.

    °Mike°, Jun 6, 2004
  7. Nick

    Agnes L. Guest

    | On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 21:13:09 -0400, in
    | <kcuwc.56753$>
    | Agnes L. scrawled:

    | >| scribbled:
    | >|
    | >|
    | >| I can't endorse CA any more. They lied when they promised the beta
    | >| testers that "as long as you use the product we'll continue to supply
    | >| updates". And then they lied when they said "you'll lock in the special
    | >| renewal fee of $9.98 a year". Both promises were made in perpetuity
    | >| neither lasted a year.
    | >

    | >Might have something to do with the following:
    | >
    | >http://www.google.ca/search?q=Computer+Associates+bankruptcy <snip>
    | >

    | What does that show? That you've searched for
    | Computer AND Associates AND bankruptcy, nothing
    | more.

    Golly gee Mike, l should have been more specific! How about this
    link..
    http://www.hoovers.com/free/co/secdoc.xhtml?ipage=2833754&doc=0&attach=on

    Seems to me that if a company is being investigated for certain
    accounting practices they might, just might, have a problem
    meeting their commitments.
    Aggie

    Agnes L., Jun 6, 2004
  8. Nick

    °Mike° Guest

    Quite, but I wasn't going to go searching through 143,000 results.

    °Mike°, Jun 6, 2004