    holes may have been fixed in the newer versions?

    (pardon my poor writing skills, I'm not the best)

    Thanks for your help :)

    Muze Groops, Jan 3, 2008

  2. Muze Groops

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Security is a practice/process, and it's based on your ability in part to
    not put the computer at risks. If the computer gets compromised, it is the
    end-user that has had involvement in it someway, with the happy fingers to
    point and click with the mouse.

    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    ZA is ok, it has it's purpose, but it's not a stops all and ends all
    solution, nothing is that as long as it's running with the operating system.
    If the O/S can be attacked, then anything running with the O/S can be
    attacked too.

    You should try to secure/harden the O/S to attack as much as possible. The
    buck stops with the O/S, and your ability to keep yourself and the computer
    out of trouble, based on your actions/habits.

    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 3, 2008

  3. Muze Groops

    Plato Guest

    Only update if you need the features of the latest version. Otherwise,
    leave it be.

    Plato, Jan 3, 2008
  4. Muze Groops

    thanatoid Guest

    Hey.

    As you can see, I'm breaking my resolutions left and right. But
    the first 2 were the least important anyway.

    Nothing has changed in internet transmission protocols in
    decades. The new crap they keep adding to the web does not
    affect the basic structure. IMO, any fw made in the last 5 or so
    years does not need to be updated - unless you have to have some
    stupid new convenience feature.

    Updating /in general/ is just a scam. Of course, ZA is free, so
    it's less of a scam, but still.

    --
    Needless to say, I disdain such idiocies as Xmas and New Year's,
    but I'd thought I'd play along just once...

    thanatoid's New Year's Resolutions.

    01. Stop posting good advice to help newsgroups.
    02. Stop posting stupid advice to help newsgroups.
    03. Drive to see the Grand Canyon and then to Las Vegas, buy a
    gun.
    04. Gamble a little in a desperate attempt to fit in for once.
    05. Hire 5 of the best looking Las Vegas hookers and have a 3
    hour orgy.
    06. Have a king-size eggs and bacon and hashbrowns with onions
    breakfast.
    07. Return to hotel room, put gun in mouth and pull trigger.

    thanatoid, Jan 3, 2008
  5. Muze Groops

    Muze Groops Guest

    that went out the window...
    haven't noted any since Jan. 1st... or have I?
    gun.

    don't shoot anyone...
    Fit into what?? and WHy.... (there
    s was a loaded psychological... oh nevermind it's too late to even go there)

    hour orgy.

    Why not! Hey, you can't buy love, but the rest is negotiable... (if you
    don't hurry up though, you may need Euros)

    Uh, I recommend you try this out: http://crazymeds.us/cymbalta.html

    I'll miss your... *cough* witty retorts

    Muze Groops, Jan 3, 2008
  6. Muze Groops

    JAMES Guest

    Thanatoid said.

    01. Stop posting good advice to help newsgroups.
    02. Stop posting stupid advice to help newsgroups.
    03. Drive to see the Grand Canyon and then to Las Vegas, buy a gun.
    04. Gamble a little in a desperate attempt to fit in for once.
    05. Hire 5 of the best looking Las Vegas hookers and have a 3 hour orgy.
    06. Have a king-size eggs and bacon and hashbrowns with onions breakfast.
    07. Return to hotel room, put gun in mouth and pull trigger.

    C'mon mate, #1. through #6. sounds good
    #7. not so good .
    Who knows , The New Year may mean that you will get the 5 best looking Las
    Vegas hookers for free , now wouldnt that be something ?
    Happy New Year to you .
    James

    JAMES, Jan 3, 2008
  7. Muze Groops

    thanatoid Guest

    It's a joke.
    I have a feeling they won't be accepted here due to National
    Pride, but I have them.
    Among the best, isn't it?
    I've been on medications for over 15 years. It helps me to
    function, but it doesn't make me stop hating the world and
    everything in it, starting with me.
    You rat.

    thanatoid, Jan 3, 2008
  8. Muze Groops

    thanatoid Guest

    If you were inside my head, it would sound the best of all.
    It /would/ be, but why do you say that? I don't get it.

    thanatoid, Jan 3, 2008
  9. Muze Groops

    JAMES Guest

    What dont you get ??
    James

    JAMES, Jan 3, 2008

  10. Sounds like a plan, only in #07 I'd substitute "my hard cock"
    for "gun"; "gorgeous hooker's" before "mouth"; and "slam headboard
    all weekend" for "pull trigger"; unless, "pull trigger" is a
    metaphoric sexual innuendo reference. Really, everything is?

    Then... maybe $5 or so worth of 25¢ slots - *but* *no* *more*!
    The reason for that is because it is known that addictions
    [to wit, to gambling] have a tendency to replace sex as stimuli
    for the brain's production of dopamine and beta-endorphins.

    And then that would just be an investment to scope out some
    more gorgeous girls, because everyone knows that when you're
    gettng laid, it's way easier to get laid... and so it goes.

    One of life's stranger paradoxes which triggers the enigmatic
    females' subconscious engrams.

    Gotta save up, because the really good hookers are charging
    about $500 these days. Now, that'd be enuf cause to make someone
    on minimum wage depressed - but more optimistically, one could
    always quit smoking and just save-up? (A really savvy geek would
    rig the room with camera/s, that way, one rendezvous and a decent
    blow-up doll could last a lifetime!!!) It'd be like a sexual
    Mecca pilgrimage? Hey! I wonder if there's a country song about
    that already? <anxious moment> Britney Spears, here's your
    ticket to a comeback concert because country fans like fat chicks.

    Have you ever wondered about that? Especially out West [USA]...
    Skinny little cowboys always have a big fat wife in their pickup
    trucks... Maybe that's why "Brokeback Mountain" made any money
    at all? I mean, who in their right mind would want to spend $10
    and 2 hours on 2 cowboys getting their gay on? Boggles the mind.

    LOL!

    --

    "I don't know the key to success; but, the
    key to failure is trying to please everybody."

    http://www.fartingguy.com/snake.html

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 3, 2008
  11. Muze Groops

    Muze Groops Guest

    I'm gay and the movie freaked ME out!
    so I wonder why the hell it got so popular. On another note: Ang Lee
    actually directed 'The Hulk' which came out just a few years ago. He
    made a comic action movie into something even my Mom and Stepfather
    would see, (it had some good acting going on, and direction, so on).

    Anyhoo, back to ripping more CD's to the computer...

    Muze Groops, Jan 3, 2008
  12. Muze Groops

    thanatoid Guest

    Since when do hookers work for free? And why would they start
    doing it /en masse/ in 2008?

    thanatoid, Jan 4, 2008
  13. Muze Groops

    thanatoid Guest

    Bucky Breeder <>
    wrote in

    I'll be /real/ lucky if I can last the 3 hours being 52 and
    after 15 years on Prozac. It's not AT ALL like being 15 and
    /not/ depressed.
    I do not have the addiction gene. I'm sure life would be a lot
    more interesting if I did.

    I have a feeling many of those women were of normal weight when
    they snared their hubbies. Time does wonders, /kind of/.
    Agreed. The gay propaganda machine has really been doing wonders
    in the last 20 years, hasn't it? "1 in 10". Right.

    thanatoid, Jan 4, 2008
  14. Muze Groops

    DemoDisk Guest

    08. Remind self to buy bullets next time.

    DemoDisk, Jan 4, 2008
  15. Muze Groops

    thanatoid Guest

    That WAS pretty funny, but I don't forget stuff like that.

    thanatoid, Jan 4, 2008
  16. Muze Groops

    Flash Gordon Guest

    You should think about checking yourself into an asylum. It might help.

    Flash Gordon, Jan 4, 2008
  17. Muze Groops

    DemoDisk Guest

    I was just trying to think of a way *out* of that scenario. I can't
    imagine having having such a good time and not wanting to repeat it.

    Whatever you have to return to afterward must be pretty awful... : \

    And don't forget a huuuge tip for the lady in housekeeping. ; )

    DemoDisk, Jan 4, 2008
  18. Muze Groops

    philo Guest

    I agree,
    I've got some older versions of Zone Alarm on a few of my machines
    and they work perfectly.

    I once did try upgrading to the newest version but ended up having
    problems...
    so just went back

    philo, Jan 4, 2008

  19. Says some guy who believes Emperor Ming controls the
    entire alternate universe? ~d^%

    LOL! We actually have a rather nice nightclub locally
    called "The Asylum".

    --

    "At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, but once
    you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot and it was great!'

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21271545/wid/11915829

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 4, 2008
  20. Muze Groops

    thanatoid Guest

    It is. It's called life as experienced by a person with clinical
    depression.

    I should have kept my NYR to myself. They have generated WAY too
    much discussion. It's just that alt.suicide.holiday has become
    totally insufferable and I thought it would be amusing (yes, I
    find the whole thing as amusing as anything else by now, I have
    been living with it for 42 years but I do have perspective).
    Hey, what happened to yer nose?

    thanatoid, Jan 4, 2008