    Router. Everything works fine without the Router connected. I have
    entered the server address with negative results.

    TIA for any help you may provide.

    Jarhead, Apr 7, 2006

  2. X-No-Archive: YES
    Jarhead [] has entered into testimony

    I use the free version on all my laptops and it works just fine.
    Server? Are you trying to install ZA on a machine running a true server
    OS? Although it is possible to piddle around and configure a server to
    use ZoneAlarm, it does not lend itself easily to the task because the
    installation doesn't support such configurations.
    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Jarhead

    Duane Arnold Guest

    That's a new one on me. What's a host based packet filter of any kind have
    anything to do with its ability to work with any router?
    Why should it? It's a host based or computer based packet filter or if you
    want to call it a FW that runs at the machine level to protect the machine
    and is not a network solution.
    You need to get the router working as its job is to protect the network and
    not ZA.

    If ZA is in the way for some reason, which it should not or you don't know
    how to use it, then find something else.
    Then find something else that's going to give positive results.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Jarhead

    Evan Platt Guest

    I had way too many problems with Zone Alarm. I switched to Sunbelt
    Kerio, never looked back.

    Evan Platt, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Jarhead

    Jarhead Guest

    | After reading that Zonealarm Free will not work with Routers I
    | downloaded the trial Pro version. It doesn't see the Ethernet network
    or
    | Router. Everything works fine without the Router connected. I have
    | entered the server address with negative results.
    |
    | TIA for any help you may provide.
    |
    | --
    | Jarhead

    Thanks for the inputs-- the problem is solved due to brute force and
    ignorance. I used the expert entry in ZoneAlarms firewall zones and it
    worked. I will check out Sunbelt Kerio.

    Jarhead, Apr 7, 2006
  6. Jarhead

    Plato Guest

    Odd...I'm using ZA just fine with a NAT router.

    Plato, Apr 8, 2006