    disabled. Any ideas? As a side-note, I used to be able to use FTPX and ZA
    just fine in the past, but that was before I had XP -- and I'm not going to
    drop XP just to gain FTP access. ;)

    Reader, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Is there joy if you disable passive FTP?

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Reader

    Reader Guest

    It's disabled (unchecked) by default, and checking it made no difference,
    to either FTP app. Quitting ZoneAlarm made it work again with both apps.

    Reader, Jan 16, 2005
  4. What I did: moved to Kerio Personal Firewall.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 16, 2005
  5. Reader

    Reader Guest

    Thanks, but I'd rather work out what the problem is.
    I'll keep investigating. Thanks anyway!

    Reader, Jan 16, 2005
  6. Reader

    Guest Guest

    ZA also shut down all the access to computers on my LAN. I got a warning it
    was about to do so but no option to leave it open. Since the free version
    only supports allowing applications to have access rather than specific
    ports, I just uninstalled the piece of shit and kept on going.

    Swill

    Guest, Jan 17, 2005
  7. Righto. Good luck.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2005
  8. Reader

    Reader Guest

    Reason being: it's ZoneAlarm with Antivirus that I paid for... so it
    doesn't make economic sense to ditch it and pay for another 2 apps.
    Yes, I know there's 2 x freeware equivalents but I like how this
    single app works (except for the FTP prob).

    Reader, Jan 17, 2005
  9. Reader

    Richard Guest

    The latest version is 7.
    There was an issue with 5.5 on a few quirky items which have been resolved.
    Update your version and all should be fine.

    Richard, Mar 1, 2005