    Zonealarm upgrade is not compatible with Win Me.Is there any real problem
    with carrying on using the zonealarm that friend has at present on his
    PC.Thanks for any replies to this.

    Tab, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Tab

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yes. Why would you want to run an outdated firewall on a outdated
    operating system?

    Evan Platt, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Evan Platt enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk - (ab)users with:
    Because he will receive only outdated viruses?
    ;-)

    Walter Mautner, Aug 18, 2006
  4. zonealarm upgrade and winme aren't compatible

    see if one of your friends will let you use their copy then ask around to
    find out if there's a problem with that

    hope that helps

    Dirty Sanchez, Aug 18, 2006
  5. Tab

    DanR Guest

    I have an old ME machine and also discovered that new ZA won't work with it.
    I am continuing to use the older version. It will still do it's main job as
    a firewall. Block incoming bad stuff and warn you of installed programs that
    are trying to use your internet connection. It is still more effective than
    WinXP firewall. And... if you're behind a modern router ZA is somewhat
    redundant but good for outgoing warnings.

    DanR, Aug 19, 2006
  6. Tab

    Plato Guest

    NOt much is compatible with WinME. I'ts an OS that's best not used. Even
    MS will confirm that blanket statement.

    Plato, Aug 19, 2006
  7. Tab

    Tab Guest

    Thanks for all replies.He is willing to buy one that is compatible with Win
    Me so I will arrange something.

    Tab, Aug 19, 2006
  8. Tab

    Sunny Guest