Zone update problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pandi K, Nov 29, 2006.

  1. Pandi K

    Pandi K Guest

    I had one domain example.com..

    Previously the forwark lookup zone example.com has one host named A
    with ip 10.8.2.5. I want it to edit the ip itself. But I delete the
    entire record and add a new host record with name A and ip 10.6.2.5. I
    click( in the example.com zone) update the server datafile, reload.

    Now I try to use nslookup A.example.com...It returns 10.6.2.5(new
    ip)...(It s correct)

    In one client machine whicch is connected to domain..I try these
    things.

    I try to ping A.example.com ...

    It shows "Pinging A.example.com [10.8.2.5] (old ip)(wrong) with 32
    bytes of data.

    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

    So it is pinging to the old ip...It should be ping to new ip(10.6.2.5).
    How to resolve this problem?

    In internet Explorer When i type the new ip 10.6.2.5 The page is
    opening....But if i type A.example.com...it is not opening.

    How to resolve this issue....

    Pandi K, Nov 29, 2006

  2. Pandi K

    Whiskers Guest

    Try clearing the 'cache' of that browser; it may still be using the old
    DNS information. Also check the Hosts file of the machine that is having
    trouble, in case there is an entry there for the old IP number with that
    domain name.

    Whiskers, Nov 29, 2006