    it often will not allow me to connect to pages stored in my favourites if I
    disconnect from Zone labs security all is well I have also had problems d/l
    large files from the floppy anyone help with a fix

    Bigbri, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Bigbri

    ronald Guest

    Easy fix..... Zone Labs sucks...
    delete it...

    If you need a firewall buy a router.

    Like Dlink... it works.

    ronald, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Ok take the advise above with a grain of salt,

    My suggestion is to go in the forum of Zone Labs available at their site.

    For your info I have Zone Alarm Pro not the free one.

    I have the router Linksys BESFR41 it is 4 port and everyone on my home
    network surf play online chat etc,
    as there would be direct connect, no router or Zone Alarm so as I said it
    might suck for him as an individual but not for me.

    Michel Derome, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Bigbri

    The One Guest

    Easy fix..... Zone Labs sucks...
    As Kandickhead Man would say:

    "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

    The One, Mar 7, 2005
  5. Right now that response is so far out in front as THE most over-used
    term in newsgroups that I'm afraid nothing else will ever catch up.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 7, 2005
  6. Bigbri

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    you get what you pay for...
    zonealarm pro is much better (the warez version is just as good)
    a router is not a firewall...
    but some are more configurable than others.
    there are more hacks for the linksys than the dlink.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Mar 7, 2005
  7. Bigbri

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Bigbri mused:

    | Since d/l Zone labs security I am having trouble with my internet explorer
    | it often will not allow me to connect to pages stored in my favourites if
    | I disconnect from Zone labs security all is well I have also had
    | problems d/l large files from the floppy anyone help with a fix

    Since no one else has really answered your question ... the issue is
    likely in your Content Control settings within ZA for your browser. You
    don't say was version you have, so I cannot recommend any specifics. But,
    check your help file for web content settings.

    mhicaoidh, Mar 8, 2005
  8. Bigbri

    Bigbri Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Bigbri mused:

    | Since d/l Zone labs security I am having trouble with my internet explorer
    | it often will not allow me to connect to pages stored in my favourites if
    | I disconnect from Zone labs security all is well I have also had
    | problems d/l large files from the floppy anyone help with a fix

    Since no one else has really answered your question ... the issue is
    likely in your Content Control settings within ZA for your browser. You
    don't say was version you have, so I cannot recommend any specifics. But,
    check your help file for web content settings.

    Thanks to all it seems that this is a soft ware problem Z.A help page is
    full of request for help covering the problem as yet no answers from Z.A
    glad I didn`t buy it

    Bigbri, Mar 8, 2005
  9. Hi Bigbri!

    Taking your problem into serious consideration, it may either be a
    problem of Zone Alarm or of the Internet Explorer.

    Please check, if you have the latest version of Zone Alarm. If not
    download the latest version from the Zone Lab's page. If the problem
    persists, switch from the free version to the pro version or vice versa.
    If you you install once again, make sure to click on "clean install"
    during the setup. That way, Zone Alarm goes back to the factory defaults
    overwriting any harmful settings.

    Additionally, download the Firefox as a replacement for the Internet
    Explorer. It's the fastest browser and it's free. You can get it from
    sourceforge.net or other places.

    Finally, check your Internet options and make sure, that you haven't
    blocked your favorites there.

    May the source be with you!
    Joachim

    Joachim Hofmann, Mar 18, 2005