Zone Labs & mail/news services

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Vinokur, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    Windows 2000 Professional, Version 5 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4)
    Internet Explorer 6.0
    ------------------------------
    Zone Labs, Version 5.0.590.015

    I have a problem with mail and news services when I am using Zone Labs.

    I am using Zone Labs for a long time.
    But I came across this problem only yesterday.

    Here is a sample.

    --------- With Zone Labs ---------

    I am going to my Yahoo account http://us.f511.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login?...
    The page has been displayed fine.
    [---omitted---]
    TCP <Local Address>:1131 f511.mail.yahoo.com:http CLOSE_WAIT
    [---omitted---]

    Now I am clicking on "Inbox" at Yahoo account.
    "The page cannot be displayed".
    [---omitted---]
    TCP <Local Address>:1155 f511.mail.yahoo.com:http LAST_ACK
    [---omitted---]

    ----------------------------------

    I have uninstalled Zone Labs.

    --------- Without Zone Labs ---------

    I am going to my Yahoo account http://us.f511.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login?...
    The page has been displayed fine.
    [---omitted---]
    TCP <Local Address>:1234 f511.mail.yahoo.com:http CLOSE_WAIT
    [---omitted---]

    Now I am clicking on "Inbox" at Yahoo account.
    The page has been displayed fine.
    [---omitted---]
    TCP <Local Address>:1254 f511.mail.yahoo.com:http ESTABLISHED
    [---omitted---]

    ----------------------------------

    That is not the only problem concerned with Zone Labs (I think it is concerned with Zone Labs).
    I was unable to send mail- and news-messages to some addresses and newsgroups.

    So, I was forced to uninstall Zone Labs.

    However, I would like to work with firewall.

    What to do?

    Alex Vinokur, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Alex Vinokur

    olfart Guest