    Jim McLaughlin

    Please don't just hit the reply key.
    Remove the obvious from the address to reply.

    Jim McLaughlin, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Jim McLaughlin

    Mike J Guest

    This is the Services Control Manager which is responsible for starting,
    stopping, and interacting with system services.

    Recommendation : An integral part of the operating system, I use Zone Alarm
    and I can't go on line without allowing Services.exe to run.

    Mike J, Nov 13, 2003

  3. OK its "integral".

    But who / what is "services.exe" "calling" when it seeks to access the
    internet?

    Jim McLaughlin, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Jim McLaughlin

    Mike J Guest

    Below is from: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,643059,00.asp

    FILENAME: Services.exe.
    PROGRAM NAME: Windows NT/2000 services.
    alerts, manages PnP devices, handles Windows networking.
    RECOMMENDED ACTION: Always permit.

    If you are going to be quite suspicious about what accesses the
    internet from your system, I highly recommend reading the manual that
    comes with zone alarm as they deal with this issue in detail.

    Mike J, Nov 13, 2003