    schlock software still won't turn loose of my browser.

    Anybody have a register hack, or other method to get this thing off my
    machine?

    Ol' One-Eye, Mar 20, 2006

  2. Ol' One-Eye

    philo Guest

    why not just perform a system restore?

    philo, Mar 20, 2006

  3. Ol' One-Eye

    John Holmes Guest

    Ol' One-Eye blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Back to a restore point or format/reinstall would be the fastest options.

    John Holmes, Mar 20, 2006
  4. I found that *and* other ZA issues to be solved by the use of Kerio
    Personal Firewall. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 20, 2006
  5. Ol' One-Eye

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    or format/reinstall would be the fastest options.
    worst advice i've seen in a week!!!!

    philo, Mar 20, 2006
  6. Ol' One-Eye

    John Holmes Guest

    philo blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Thank you.

    John Holmes, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Ol' One-Eye

    elaich Guest

    Why in the hell should someone have to perform a system restore from
    installing software that is supposed to be safe and is hyped all over the
    'Net?

    elaich, Mar 21, 2006
  8. One shouldn't. But remember the foundation on which that software rests:
    Windows.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 21, 2006
  9. Ol' One-Eye

    Ol' One-Eye Guest

    Exactly - Earlier versions of ZA Pro were good software and worked fine.
    This newest version had some sort of brain fart over the remnants of the
    "TrueVector Security Service" that was installed by the older version (ver.
    4.0 I think). Without that service running the software does virtually
    nothing as a firewall, except for keeping me out of cyberspace. I might be
    paranoid, but it might even be providing a hole in my hardware firewall for
    unauthorized access!

    I was finally able to send an email to Zone Labs, but so far they haven't
    responded. My web browser still isn't working and since Saturday I still
    haven't been able to get this crap off my computer!

    Ol' One-Eye, Mar 21, 2006