    I just uninstalled Norton AV and installed AVG. Windows Firewall is
    currently running -- should I use Zone Alarm instead of the Windows
    Firewall? Thanks in advance.

    betteeboop, Nov 8, 2004

  2. betteeboop

    Conor Guest

    Absolutely. XP Firewall only monitors inbound traffic and will actually
    even allow outbound traffic out whilst its showing the message asking
    if you want to block it!

    Conor, Nov 8, 2004

  3. betteeboop

    Trent SC Guest

    I just uninstalled Norton AV and installed AVG. Windows Firewall is
    Yes

    Trent SC, Nov 8, 2004
  4. No, you should use Kerio Personal Firewall. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 8, 2004
  5. betteeboop

    joevan Guest

    Why not outpost? But I guess you are talking about free?
    joevan

    joevan, Nov 8, 2004
  6. I do free unless I can't get free to do what I want, yeah.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 8, 2004
  7. What about running both?

    Dougie

    Douglas C. Niedermeyer, Nov 8, 2004
  8. betteeboop

    Rob Guest

    Outpos IS also free available !!

    Rob.

    Rob, Nov 8, 2004
  9. betteeboop

    joevan Guest

    Yeah? But how about Outpost, can you post a link for free Outpost AV.
    Not free to try, but free.
    joevan

    joevan, Nov 9, 2004
  10. betteeboop

    betteeboop Guest

    I'm now using AVG and Zone Alarm. My computer is much faster (Norton was a
    hog, I think.) Everything is working fine except ... I can't log on to my
    bank's website. Can someone explain to me how I go about adding the bank to
    Zone Alarm's trusted sites? I had forgotten, but this happened a year or so
    ago, when I tried Zone Alarm, and I finally gave up in frustration and
    deleted ZA. I know there has to be a way. Thank you all for your help!

    betteeboop, Nov 9, 2004
  11. betteeboop

    Rob Guest

    Rob, Nov 12, 2004
  12. betteeboop

    Mark Guest

    Hi,

    Anyone tried it on WinXP with SP2 installed?
    Any issues, or does it run fine?

    Mark, Nov 12, 2004
  13. betteeboop

    ScooterD Guest

    I use zonealarm version 5.1033.000 and it works great for me.

    ScooterD, Nov 12, 2004