Zone Alarm, alert popups, please help!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gary, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. gary

    gary Guest

    Hi All
    I'm still in need of help with my problem of alerts i'm getting on
    my Zone Alarm! , it is now 12.40pm & since 12pm, i've had 13 popups from
    Zone alarm saying it's firewall has prevented an attack on my system. This
    is what a typical one says:-

    medium or high rating/ time & date!/ protocol is UDP/ source is
    203.116.17.89

    TCP

    TCP(flags) these also are present.

    there are loads of these on the 'alerts/logs part of my ZA programme. When
    i get more info it says the attack is on different number ports, most are
    different & that the firewall is doing it's job, but surely i shouldn't be
    getting these attacks that are happening as frequent as they are!
    I can only say that this started after i got a page saying that i
    couldn't click off that mentioned something to do with ports.
    If i hadn't checked the box that says"don't show me this in future" on the
    ZA alert popup, i'd be getting them minutely!
    Please can anyone help me to stop these.
    I'd be very grateful

    Gary

    gary, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Gary, this is normal. It is the beauty of ZoneAlarm, it allows you to
    actually see how may times your computer is getting asked to communicate
    with other computers.
    Read through the ZoneAlarm help files, they will explain how to keep from
    getting these notifications.

    charles.moreland, Sep 20, 2004

  3. gary

    Guest Guest

    Dont read the technical stuff from Zonealarm, it is doing his job. :)
    About the popups, you can stop that if you want.
    You can do that by open zonealarm in Alerts and Logs
    by Alert Events Shown check the off box.
    Now the pop ups are disabled.

    SPAMHATER

    Guest, Sep 20, 2004
  4. gary

    gary Guest

    Thanks
    Just i never seemed to get them before. One morning last week,
    i turned pc on & ZA was preventing me accessing the internet as there was an
    attack. I then downloaded the update version of ZA that i should have done
    before & then i started with all these popups, i clicked the box at the
    bottom of the popup, so i don't see them now, but it's still going on.
    Before i never had any of these, it's something i've inadvertantly done to
    allow this!
    Gary

    gary, Sep 20, 2004
  5. gary

    Penguin Guest

    Greetings gary;

    I don't think anyone can help you stop them. It's considered normal
    internet background "noise." Just to let you know you're not alone
    though, I reinstalled ZA on the evening of July 31st. Since then - in
    just a month and a half - it's blocked 29,056 access attempts to my
    computer. This is a home computer on a dialup modem...I'm only online
    about 5 hours a day.

    Do as the others have recommended (and as I do) and turn off all
    alerts and let the firewall do its job. HTH.

    Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    -Chris

    Penguin, Sep 20, 2004
  6. gary

    gary Guest

    Thanks Penguin
    Just i know that since i visited this site &
    subsequently ZA dissalowed me access to the net. All went apeshit & these
    alerts started. Something must have got through & now the damage is done.
    Maybe it is normal background noise, but i never have experienced the
    popups before this!
    My situation is the same as yours, maybe i'll have to put up with it!
    Thanks
    Gaz

    gary, Sep 20, 2004