Zombie HotSpot Won't Stay Deleted

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by rickman, May 17, 2013.

  1. rickman

    rickman Guest

    I have an EnGenius USB wifi adapter and it seems to work better than the
    built in wifi in my laptop. At some locations I have a problem with a
    connection forming to one provider which doesn't work properly anymore.
    There are other hotspots available that do work ok. But it
    automatically connects to the one that doesn't work anymore.

    I have tried lowering the priority, turning off automatic connection and
    even deleting it from the list for this adapter, but it seems to keep
    getting brought back from the dead.

    I was able to delete this hotspot from the profile for the built in wifi
    adapter and it stays deleted.

    Anyone seen this before? I'm running Vista with SP2 on a Toshiba with
    an Athlon XP.

    I hope you don't mind the crossposting. None of these groups seem very
    overused so I thought I'd up my chances of getting some help.

    --

    Rick

    rickman, May 17, 2013