Zomax was a bad choice for CRM

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, May 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Just a general comment for any MS managers who might read this--Zomax was a
    terrible choice for handling your x64 Technology Advancement Program customer
    relations. A brief list of my own grievences:

    1. Had to use a credit card to pay for shipping, but DID NOT RECEIVE a
    confirmation email. Quite disturbing, considering Zomax (probably at
    Microsoft's direction) makes the upgrade sign-up site look like a MS site,
    when in fact it's not. Who has my credit card information, now? Big, big,
    mystery.

    2. After ordering, the Zomax-run status check web site simply says,
    "pending." Pending what, precisely, and until when? Simply "pending" is
    inadequate, especially now that I'm concerned about the security and location
    of my personal financial information (see #1, above). Strike two.

    3. Repeated emails to the address listed on the upgrade site yield no
    reply--even direct email inquiries to Zomax go unanswered. Isn't it true that
    one of the biggest reasons for outsourcing your customer relations is because
    you don't have the staff on hand to handle the inevitable high volume of
    communications necessary, and the company you hire has the needed capacity?
    Apparently Zomax fails again. Strike three.

    Check out the planetamd64.com and extended64.com sites--you'll see I'm just
    a drop in the bucket. MS, you really dropped the ball when you hired Zomax.
    Please don't use them again.

    Guest, May 17, 2005

  2. Guest

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Let's add another one: They do not ship to APO addresses. Won't even
    accept my APO billing address for my US credit card. Can't even have it
    shipped to someone in the CONUS and have them mail it to me.

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, May 17, 2005

  3. Well, the last time Joseph said it was being discussed.

    Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2005
  4. Guest

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Yep, sure did and was. But unfortunately, in another thread a few days ago,
    he said it appeared it wouldn't happen. Paul Richardson, MSFT has been
    working since November 2000 when I bugged the OOBE registration wizard in
    Whistler and again for SP1 to include the APO state codes. Can remember
    who, but someone else, a military retiree, from MSFT contacted me in 2002
    and took on the challenge. But after nearly 5 years, MSFT still forgets
    about those of us who only have an APO address. And yes, it is a severe
    irritant to me and I will bring it up any chance I get. I have even been
    contacted by an attorney that is interested in filing a class action
    lawsuit. Hope it gets resolved before it comes to that, but I will join the
    class if it happens. Stepping down off soapbox....

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, May 18, 2005
  5. I don't think anyone who reads this newsgroup, or any of the other community
    sites, will have ANY doubt that the Technology Advancement Program has had
    serious shortcomings and glitches, all or most originating with the
    fulfillment vendor. And I'm quite confident that the message is getting read
    by those who made the selection.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 18, 2005
  6. I've forwarded this thread, and many others, to various groups on this
    project; so you're pain has been and will continue to be conveyed

    --
    -Joe Swart [MSFT]

    Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions. Please use these
    newsgroups.

    Joe Swart [MSFT], May 21, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Charlie & Joe,

    I know that new product releases can be difficult, especially when the
    demand is greater than anticipated. Hopefully, if a tech. advancement program
    (or something conceptually similar) is offered when Longhorn makes its
    entrance, the CRM vendor will be much better prepared to address our needs in
    a more timely and professional manner.

    Erik

    Guest, May 22, 2005