    want to create an archive if I select them as a group but I want them
    compressed individually then delete the originals. Have read Help files in
    both programs but can't find how to do this. Any help appreciated.

    Kenny, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Kenny

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply, have downloaded that and looking at the documentation
    now.

    Kenny, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Kenny

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Kenny

    why? Guest

    The WinRAR options don't work then?
    Using v3.3 and IIRC the same options are in earlier v3.x.

    Help files topic,
    'Archive name and parameters dialog: files'
    ==========
    - Put each file to separate archive
    Put each selected file or folder to separate archive. If you set this
    option, an entered archive name is treated only as a destination path
    for new archives (if it is not a folder, its name part is ignored) and
    archive names are generated basing on file names.
    ==========

    Select all the files, as though it was a group.
    Add to Archive, using
    General Tab / Archiving Options / Delete files after archiving.
    Files tab / Archive / tick Put each file to separate archive.
    Don't think WinZip 9 does this.

    Me

    why?, Jun 2, 2004
  6. Kenny

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:04:29 GMT, in
    <>
    why? scrawled:

    It does it better with the command line add-on.
    http://www.winzip.com/wzcline.cgi

    °Mike°, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Many thanks, that's exactly what I wanted and it works perfect. I had taken
    the term archive to always refer to a group of files and not individual
    ones. Searching the Help files I had been using keywords "multiple files"
    and came up with nothing. Thanks again.

    Kenny, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Kenny

    why? Guest

    Not something I have used for a while, IIRC there is/was a move option
    to delete files when zipped.

    Don't recall a zip per file, a simple batch file should do that though.
    Time to check the help file :]

    Me

    why?, Jun 2, 2004