    never been able to work out how to do this with Winzip, which I think
    is great software but some of the most un-UserFriendly around..

    thanks

    Tony, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Tony

    °Mike° Guest

    There's nothing unfriendly about WinZip. First of all, make sure
    you have the Winzip context menus enabled.
    Options / Configuration / Explorer Enhancements. You want at
    least the 'Add to..' items checked.

    Now, highlight your files in Windows Explorer. You can highlight
    as many different files or folders as you like, by holding down the
    CTRL key. Once you have your files highlighted, right click and
    choose, from the WinZip context menu, 'Add to Zip file', or
    'Add to XXXXX.zip'.

    °Mike°, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Tony

    John D Guest

    Go to the folder that contain the files that you want to zip and highlight
    them. Then right click in the blue highlighted area and choose "send to"
    then choose "compressed zip folder"

    John D, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Tony

    Harrison Guest

    WinZip is quite easy. Especially if you installed the context menus.
    Using the Control key in conjunction with left-clicking, select the
    files you wish to have in the new zip file. Then right-click and
    choose "Add to Zip".

    Harrison, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Thanks I'll try that.. is MS's compression sofware as good as Winzip?
    I've fond that copying onto CD takes about 10x as long as using
    Adaptec software..

    Thanks

    Tony, Jan 3, 2004
  6. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Go to the folder that contain the files that you want to zip and highlight

    This doesn't work with me.. if I highlight several files, then right
    click on them, it only deals with the one file I've clicked on.. not
    all of them.. how can I Send To then Compress all the files.. not just
    one..

    Thanks!

    Tony, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Just realised you send to all of them by Clicking on each one while
    holding down Ctl..thanks

    XP seems to be a bit of a pig.. 2000 is quick and easy.. XP seems to
    take a long time doing things.. and even a search can slow down the
    machine.. is this normal?

    thanks

    Tony, Jan 3, 2004
  8. Tony

    Trax Guest

    On 3 Jan 2004 11:15:38 -0800, (Tony) wrote:

    |>Just realised you send to all of them by Clicking on each one while
    |>holding down Ctl..thanks
    |>
    |>XP seems to be a bit of a pig.. 2000 is quick and easy.. XP seems to
    |>take a long time doing things.. and even a search can slow down the
    |>machine.. is this normal?

    Default XP loads as a theme - change to "Classic Windows"
    Display properties > themes
    saves a lot of cpu.

    Trax, Jan 4, 2004