    if so, how?

    TIA.

    _S-

    Steve Freides, Oct 18, 2003

  2. From Windows Explorer, File > New > Compressed (zip) Folder.

    To compress a file, copy it to the compressed folder.

    SirOsisOfThuliver, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Thanks, that's interesting, but it's not exactly manageable. What,
    e.g., if I wish to compress multiple files into a single archive? What
    if I wish that archive to exist somewhere else?

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Oct 18, 2003
  4. You have two options that I can see.

    1. A compressed folder is a single entity that can be easily moved or
    copied. Create multiple compressed folders to suit your needs.

    2. There are many file compression utilities available online. You can,
    for example, go to download.com and click the "file compression" link,
    under "Utilities and Drivers". Some of the utilities are freeware.
    Others, like WinZip, are free to try out.

    You can probably find a utility with a better compression ratio than
    WinZip, if that's an issue.

    SirOsisOfThuliver, Oct 18, 2003