    get the zio card reader to read the new card. when i insert the card,
    the volume doesn't mount on my desktop.

    any suggestions on this? thanks for any help you can offer.

    jacker, Nov 28, 2003

  2. jacker

    Ron Goodenow Guest

    Have you cleaned the contacts on the reader? I do this by putting some
    cleaning solvent on the card contacts and pushing it in and out a few
    times. You might also be sure the contacts on the USB connection are
    clean. Presumably your camera is seeing the card perfectly????

    Ron Goodenow, Nov 29, 2003

  3. jacker

    Ron Guest

    I don't know if it's relevant to your situation, but my understanding
    (from the manual) is that the D-340R only accepts up to a 16MB
    Smartmedia card and can be upgraded to handle a 32MB card (from
    Olympus website). I've used both my Dazzle reader (on the road) and
    my trusty Flashgate (at home) with the 16MB cards I use in my D-340R
    with no problems to this point. Hope this helps.

    Ron

    Ron, Dec 28, 2003
  4. jacker

    Ron G Guest

    I used a 64meg SmartMedia and Zio with my d-340r quite successfully. I
    don't recall doing any upgrades.

    Ron G, Dec 29, 2003
  5. jacker

    Ron Guest

    Thanks, Ron. That's welcome news to me. I'll be getting some larger
    capacity cards for mine then.

    Ron

    Ron, Dec 29, 2003