Zenon MagneFlash - Has anyone tried one of these ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Brian, Dec 5, 2003

  2. From the website....
    ".... it produces an even and well diffused source of light that makes
    your subject look very natural with no shiny "hot spots."...."

    For the most part I think it looks great! I'm no expert, never used
    it... but it looks like it fits the billing to me.

    Good luck - I'm pullin' for ya'.

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Yes, it is a good idea and the principle behind it is sound. However, it
    seems a bit pricey. You can put a diffuser in front of your existing
    on-camera flash to get something close to the same effect, although the
    large radiating area of the Zenon does make for a much better light
    dispersal. Alternatively (and this may be cheaper), you can get a separate
    flash unit which plugs into your hot shoe and put a diffuser in front of
    it. This has the added advantage of giving you a directionality to the
    light if you want it.

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 6, 2003