    Can I upload an audio file to Youtube ?

    Can i convert my MP3 to MPG and then upload it ?

    TIA

    pokhara67, Jun 27, 2007

  2. pokhara67

    Meat Plow Guest

    No. Youtube = videos only.

    --
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 27, 2007

  3. pokhara67

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya pokhara67.

    No.
    You'd need to create a video. You can use a still image through the whole
    thing but it'll still need to be present.

    Ponder, Jun 27, 2007
  4. pokhara67

    pokhara67 Guest

    thanks. what tools would you use to create a video from an mp3 or even
    an mpg ?

    pokhara67, Jun 27, 2007
  5. pokhara67

    ded Guest

    ded, Jun 27, 2007
  6. pokhara67

    pokhara67 Guest

    pokhara67, Jun 27, 2007
  7. pokhara67

    Rick Merrill Guest

    AFter making and uploading an MPG file to YouTube, can you
    get it back? (or have they converted it to something else, like flash?)

    Rick Merrill, Jun 28, 2007
  8. pokhara67

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Rick Merrill.

    It gets converted to flash, but the trick is not to delete the file you
    upload so you still have an unconverted version on your hard disk.
    Computers these days are good like that ;)

    Ponder, Jun 28, 2007
  9. pokhara67

    pokhara67 Guest

    yep thats how it works all right !!!
    here is the song of my friend with some easy rider footage i quickly
    created using windows movie maker and a few other tools such as avi
    splitter and mp3 splitter.

    pokhara67, Jun 28, 2007
  10. pokhara67

    ded Guest

    There are plenty of tools to download YouTube and Google clips to your PC
    such as "KeepVid" etc. But this one I use:
    http://www.remiapsoftware.com/

    Once you have downloaded a YouTube clip it will be in .flv format
    to convert it to a format that media players can use:
    http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/

    And there are online FLV convertors (no need to download and
    install free software) Type in the URL associated with the clip
    and these sites will convert it for download:
    http://vixy.net/

    There is more freeware for converting downloaded clips to MPEG-4
    to play on a iPod, PSP, portable media players etc
    http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

    Deleted YouTube and notorious clips maybe found here
    http://youtube.infamousx.com/

    YouTube and Google are not the only uploaded video sites:
    http://www.metacafe.com/

    Veoh includes Hi-Def content:
    http://www.veoh.com/

    And of course there are sites that have divx content including
    full length Hi-Def feature films for download!
    http://stage6.divx.com/

    ded, Jun 28, 2007
  11. pokhara67

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya ded.

    http://www.videolan.org - multi-platform and will play flv without
    conversion.

    Ponder, Jun 28, 2007
  12. pokhara67

    pokhara67 Guest

    thanks ded
    i appreciate your time

    pokhara67, Jun 28, 2007
  13. pokhara67

    jms Guest

    jms, Jun 28, 2007
  14. pokhara67

    ded Guest

    .. how would
    When you click on a thumbnail, the sites media player will load
    But the clip dosen't autoplay.
    On the clips display you will see the "Play" icon, being a triangle.
    Beside it is a downward pointing arrow, click on that and the
    download dialog will appear, save to folder etc.
    Be aware the file size can be huge, I checked that clip and it is 100mb.
    The files from that site are divx.

    ded, Jun 28, 2007