Your thoughts on Braindumps

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Samantha, Jun 5, 2004.

  1. circa Sat, 5 Jun 2004 22:52:03 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, TechGeekPro (%username%@yahoo.com)
    said,
    Not my doing, but thanks for being a dolt and not figuring that out
    on your own.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 6, 2004

  2. 2 true, what is the point in passing an exam by memorizing questions?!

    None whatsoever.

    None to the dickhead who passed the exam, none to the employers, none
    to the rest of us....

    Oh... wait a moment.... there is a winner here, and it's the scamming
    companies that produce this crap.
    Now that's an interesting concept!!!!!!

    Being able to understand the material and being able to *prove* it in
    proper exam, sounds good to me. Shame ms don't see this and chance the
    certification process the suit.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 6, 2004

  3. It is customary to peruse a newsgroup to find out if one's question
    It's already been proposed that Google-101 be a mandatory exam and
    that no one can take any other until this exam has been passed.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Passing a cert with no real world
    ..... Or where they got the answers from, (i.e. dumps, 'practice' exam
    providers ). Granted that understanding the case studies type
    questions might to be beyond those type of people, but people still
    get by without the understanding.
    Then they are 'seasoned experts' in different fields than what the
    exam(s) covered.
    Yep, every company's business is different, even those in the same
    business sector.
    This simply means the person in question is unqualified to perform
    that Job role. Whether that person could, with training and time,
    become proficient in the job role is a different question. One thing
    is sure though, passing these types of exams would NOT guarantee the
    proficiency of the person in question.
    Yep, a cert should be to 'certify' that a person is able to perform
    the role as defined by the certification.

    The simple fact is these certs do NOT 'certify' this. Experience is
    all about what happens in the real world, much of which (political,
    geographic, issues etc) are not covered in any certs.

    In addition, a 'seasoned expert' knows how to solve problems, even if
    those problems have never happened before. A 'seasoned expert' knows
    the procedures to find the solution because of their experience. There
    is NOTHING a true IT professional can't handle that a 'paper'
    certified idiot can.
    Yep, the SAT's test are as easy as the ms exams!!!!
    The resources are there, all that needs to happen is for the format of
    the certification process to change.

    I wonder if any brain dumper would handle a 20,000 word dissertation
    on 'Implementing a secure network infrastructure'.

    In summary, my remark implied there is no need for 'practice' exams
    because the exam format is [very] simple. So, given the simplistic
    format of the exams, why the practice exams? Well, many people use
    those type of 'practice' exams (some are referred to as brain dumps,
    while others are not) because they expect the questions to be [very]
    similar to those on the exam, thus are able to answer questions which
    they do NOT understand the question.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 6, 2004
  5. I accidentally came across a website with the
    I hope you have reported that site to ms.
    The internet is a big place and there is money to be made by
    unscrupulous companies who exploit the ms certification process.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 6, 2004

  6. I couldnt agree more with you.

    I've caught more than my fair share of BD'ing Barstewards in my time.
    I'm working up a nasty scenario that will test all new applicants for
    my team...

    Apart from doing what my Hero, BOFH, would do I'm thinking that
    writing 20 real life questions for the applicant and feeding back to
    the candidate at the interview how well (or appallingly) they did and
    why...

    Only trouble is I cant find a testing engine that will allow me to
    drop in my own questions - any thoughts ???

    I'm also trying to develop a 30 minute hands on test that would test a
    range of skills in a lab of 8 machines....

    Oh but who am I kidding, if I perfect it tk will only be selling the
    chuffing pdfs out side my office to incoming applicants- IS IT WORTH
    THE EFFORT???
    ================================
    My Hero:
    (remove vroomfondle to email me)
    ================================

    Marlin Munrow, Jun 6, 2004
  7. I could probably write something for you (I am a C++ programmer).

    Let me know what ideas you have and I'll knock something up.

    I have been doing hands on testing up to now, I think a 20 question quiz is
    a damn good idea for my hiring purposes.

    Simon Rutley-Frayne, Jun 6, 2004
  8. Only trouble is I cant find a testing engine that will allow me to
    good old pen and paper.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 6, 2004
  9. Samantha

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Well, it certainly wasn't MY doing so how does that make ME a "dolt"?

    TechGeekPro, Jun 7, 2004
  10. circa Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:04:42 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, TechGeekPro (%username%@yahoo.com)
    said,
    Logic isn't your strong suit, is it?

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 7, 2004
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 7, 2004
  12. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 7, 2004
  13. Oh, good... glad somebody finally asked that question, saved me from a post.

    Wait a minute, I still had to post to say "me too."

    Oh well.

    Samantha, please report the site you found to

    I don't think John Eddy cares since the URL was not posted in the group.

    On second thought, he still wouldn't care.

    --
    Fris "Just don't say any bad words or be mean" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 7, 2004
  14. Samantha

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Jun 7, 2004
  15. Samantha, please report the site you found to
    funny.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 7, 2004
  16. Samantha

    kpg Guest

    What does the tc in tctips stand for?

    No, really, I'm asking.

    kpg, Jun 7, 2004
  17. circa Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:10:06 -0500, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg () said,
    Training and Certification, I believe. Just a guess, mostly, though.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 8, 2004
  18. Samantha

    Guest Guest

    Send me a copy when you finish it. I think it is a very
    goo idea for hiring new idiots. we dont want a repeat of
    Dilbert anywhere.

    Guest, Jun 8, 2004
  19. Samantha

    Consultant Guest

    tender care

    Consultant, Jun 8, 2004
  20. Samantha

    Beoweolf Guest

    I can't beleive this subject is still active! Even a Terrier with a bone
    would have gotten tired of the same old game, every day, by now.

    Beoweolf, Jun 8, 2004