Your right to Photograph (Followup)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Nov 1, 2005.

  1. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    Generally judged less serious than beaver shooting.

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    How do you manage to pack a gallon of shit into a quart
    container?

    In case you're not counting, there seems to be exactly one
    practicing lawyer (i.e. someone who has a more practical view of how
    the law operates than the rest of you crackers do) and many of us
    agree with him.

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    ... as Schuler continues to show himself to be a fool.

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005
  5. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    Ooooh goody -- why don't you dag in the now-meaningless word
    "inappropriate".
    Name calling is a separate issue from any other meaningful
    content. If I say, "Two and two is four, you asshole", are you going
    to say my factual statement is nyllified by the epithet?

    A mature, logical person would ignore the epithet and deal
    with the substantive part of the comment.

    Or do you think we should waste our time responding to the
    person who says, "Prithee, M'Lord, I submit that two and two is seven
    and three quarters"?

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005
  6. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    Don't patronize me and others in this newsgroup who have a
    better education than you.
    Utter bullshit -- it's one or the other by definition.
    Then it's not a parasite, idiot child.
    Less likely, once the parasites are gone.
    Indeed -- otherwise loonies like you, who don't understand
    even their own (deeply flawed) analogies, will take over.

    Buy yourself a good biology text and hire someone to help you
    read it. (Although even "The Golden Book of Biology" by Howard Zim,
    would help in your case.) Symbiosis and parasitism are _distinctly_
    different, based on the distinction between one way and two way
    benefits.

    A common defect of your postings.

    Lah-de-dah, stike up the tiny violins.
    And you're too much of a dull student to understand that
    insulting entire professions instead of "directly insult[ing] others"
    is somehow not to be taken personally?

    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005
  7. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    Hardly as adversarial as the posts he has responded to. You
    must be pretty thin-skinned if you think presenting facts to counter
    the mindless rantings of Shuler is adversarial.
    Showing once again your ignorance (though curable) about the
    relative rates of return.

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005
  8. Annika1980

    kashe Guest

    Christ -- he's reduced to answering himself.

    kashe, Nov 7, 2005
  9. That statistic has no bearing on this at all, the percentage of the general
    population has nothing to do with the proportion of convicted murderers
    receiving the death penalty.. Of convicted murderers, whites are more
    proportionally executed than blacks.
    That indicates that a higher proprtion of blacks are committing crimes than
    non-blacks.
    You are wrong, the statistics do not lie, as I've presented them.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Nov 7, 2005
  10. Annika1980

    Paul Heslop Guest

    I did notice that they tacked on the info of his past, and just how
    irrelevant it was. I wonder how it would have helped or hindered them
    if it went to court? He would just have to plead an obvious press and
    possibly public bias and that he wouldn't be able to receive a fair
    trial.

    Paul Heslop, Nov 7, 2005
  11. Annika1980

    Ray Fischer Guest

    What a bizarre statement.
    Racism isn't an excuse.
    You're racist.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 7, 2005
  12. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    There is a vast difference between execution of a convicted person and
    killing of the innocent, with intent, KNOWING that they are innocent.
    sorry you can't make that distinction.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  13. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    So is allowing murders to continue living, escape, and murder more
    people, as happened a few years ago in this area. There is a convicted
    murderer running loose who recently escaped in Houston. This happens so
    much more often than even the most liberal estimate of people wrongly
    convicted. I have to go with the safety of society.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  14. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Actually, that old myth has been put to rest many times. Compared to
    the number convicted of capital crimes, at least in this state, the
    number of blacks executed is actually somewhat less, percentage-wise,
    than anglos, or latinos.
    But feel free to hold onto your bias.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  15. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You are a bit behind, Martha is free again. Let's hope next time she is
    tempted to save a few bucks, she will remember the experience. I know
    it is a temptation. I could have saved a few thousand by selling my
    company stock when I could see the company going under, but didn't want
    to spend the 'senior years' sitting in a cell.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  16. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    She has the support, and money, one needs to put an unfortunate
    experience behind her. It sometimes happens that felons learn by their
    experience. I have a nephew that went to prison for DWI, and served a
    bit more than 4 years of a 10 year sentence. He has quit drinking, runs
    a dent repair business, has married, and seems to be very happy, and
    quite successful. I hope he can hold onto this new life.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  17. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Peter,
    Don't confuse him with the facts, his mind is already made up.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  18. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    See what I mean.
    Perhaps the reason 47% of the ones convicted of murder are black is that
    47% of murders are committed by blacks, usually because they killed
    one of their own. The major cause of death of young black males, is
    young black males. This is something people like Jessie Jackson should
    be working on, rather than looking for 'photo ops' anywhere there is a
    controversy.
    Recently a local police officer (hispanic) was warned that he was
    writing 90% of his tickets to hispanics (50% of the population of the
    city), and accused of bias. He pointed out that the area he patrolled
    was 90% hispanic, just WHO ELSE was he to write ticket to? I guess now
    it would be a bad idea for an anglo to drive through that area, knowing
    that he would be 10 times more likely to be stopped than a hispanic by a
    cop who was trying to equalize the ethnic makeup of his tickets. Now
    THAT makes sense, right?
    Sigh.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  19. Annika1980

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ray,
    Stating a fact isn't racist. Calling a person 'racist' just because
    he presents facts which are contrary to your bias is exactly what I was
    talking about. Name calling is the last refuge of one who is unable to
    defend his argument.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 7, 2005
  20. Not bizarre but, rather, true.
    Statistics aren't racist, nor am I for stating them.
    Sad that you would resort to calling me a racist for simply stating
    statistics. It's rather typical of those who take this side of an argument.
    When you have no substantive response or facts to present you just call me a
    racist. How lame.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Nov 7, 2005