  1. Eagle Creek

    Eagle Creek Guest

    need opinions for a FREE good popup, popunder stopper.

    Eagle Creek, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Eagle Creek

    DC Guest

    Mozilla/Firefox.

    DC, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Eagle Creek

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Eagle Creek

    Jock Strap Guest

    The Firefox browser.

    Jock Strap, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Although its not perfect, I really like the Google toolbar.

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Dec 19, 2004
  6. Eagle Creek

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Quite - all things considered, my favorite (and now only) add-on toolbar.
    Now I have instant access to Google's search, and was able to choose a
    different home page. (For the longest time, Google *had* to be my home
    page!)

    Toolman Tim, Dec 19, 2004
  7. Eagle Creek

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:34:14 -0800, in
    <lJlxd.26215$>
    Toolman Tim scrawled:

    I have access to 38 *fully customisable* search engines,
    directly from SlimBrowser's quicksearch bar, not to mention
    direct RSS reading from the browser, and the many, many
    other tools and features, including filtering.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004
  8. Firefox. http://mozilla.org

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2004
  9. Eagle Creek

    bjc Guest

    Yep - Tina right, Google's good. Guys and Gals, Mr. Eagle Creek just wants a
    popup blocker!

    bjc, Dec 20, 2004
  10. Eagle Creek

    sethra Guest

    Eagle Creek wrote in
    The Proxomitron.

    http://www.proxomitron.info/

    sethra, Dec 20, 2004
  11. Eagle Creek

    Ron Martell Guest

    Crazy Browser (Internet Explorer add-on) www.crazybrowser.com

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Dec 20, 2004
  12. Make it three in a row..
    To me, Mozilla's the way to go.

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Dec 21, 2004
  13. Eagle Creek

    Jock Strap Guest

    What do you mean by "fully customisable" exactly?

    Jock Strap, Dec 21, 2004
  14. Eagle Creek

    °Mike° Guest

    If there is a search engine out there you can add it to
    your QuickSearch bar, by means of definition files.
    You can use the QuickSearch toolbar or for those that
    prefer the Explorer-type sidebar, you can use that too.
    Really simple; really quick; really neat.

    °Mike°, Dec 21, 2004
  15. Eagle Creek

    Jock Strap Guest

    Ah, so it's like Firefox when you right-click a search page's
    input field and select "Add a keyword for this search". :)

    Jock Strap, Dec 22, 2004
  16. Eagle Creek

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't have that in my Firefox. :(
    I don't believe it's like that, though. It's similar to Firefox's
    Google search bar, but with a drop-down of all the search
    engines you have created, and you can set whatever you
    like as default, and change at will.

    °Mike°, Dec 23, 2004
  17. Eagle Creek

    Jock Strap Guest

    You should have that in Firefox -- it's one of the main features.
    Are you using an older release? It's definitely there from v1.0.

    It's actually easier than using Firefox's Google search bar.
    What you do is: When you're at a search site, say IMDB.com, you
    right-click the search field and select "Add a keyword for this
    search". Then, you are prompted (once-off) for a keyword for
    that site. In this case, one might enter "imdb". Then, whenever
    you want to search IMDB.com, you don't need to go there first,
    you just go to the Address Bar and enter: "imdb whatever" to
    search the site. You can do this with any site that offers a
    search function, and it's a great feature of Firefox.

    Jock Strap, Dec 23, 2004
  18. Eagle Creek

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, I see it now, thanks. Is there any way to further edit/manipulate
    the saved keyword search? For instance, I have (in SlimBrowser)
    a bar set up that when a MSKB article number is inserted, displays
    the KB article in the format: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=$key
    where "$key" is the article number inserted. Doing this from the
    search function at http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 ,
    in Firefox, just brings up a search results page; not what I'm looking
    for, or used to.

    °Mike°, Dec 23, 2004
  19. Eagle Creek

    Jock Strap Guest

    Hmm, it worked just fine for me with Firefox... here's what I did:

    (1) Went to http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
    (2) In the "For" field, I right-clicked and selected "Add a keyword..."
    (3) Firefox's "Add Bookmark" dialog came up, so I entered "Microsoft KB"
    for the Name and "kb" for the keyword.
    (4) I then closed Firefox (just to make sure) and restarted it. My home
    page was displayed, so I hit CTRL+L to go the Address Bar and then
    entered "kb firewire" (to search the MS KB for firewire issues).
    (5) I got 20 results displayed, starting with a topic entitled
    "OL2001: You Cannot Mount External FireWire Drives While You Run
    Outlook".

    No problem... what happens if you follow these steps?

    Jock Strap, Dec 23, 2004
  20. Eagle Creek

    Jock Strap Guest

    Oops, I misunderstood the above (I read too fast). To do what you
    want, follow the steps in my last post, and then open the bookmark
    that Firefox has created and change the "Location" to the following:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=%s

    Then, to go to a specific KB article number, just hit CTRL+L and
    enter "kb #" where # is the article number.

    Jock Strap, Dec 23, 2004