    googled this issue to death, but to no avail. Must not be a major
    issue, but it is to me. Thanks in advance.

    Gregg

    totfit, Aug 4, 2006

  2. totfit

    Gregg Fowler Guest

    I just don't think anyone can figure this out. All works well even logging
    into Ubuntu under another identity, but no one has been able to lead me in
    the right direction in finding where the settings or what settings might
    be in error in my login.

    Gregg

    Gregg Fowler, Aug 5, 2006

  3. totfit

    Whiskers Guest

    Could it be that your most up-to-date browser is offering to establish a
    secure connection to the bank, using a protocol or cipher that the bank
    have not yet programmed their systems to cope with?

    Whiskers, Aug 5, 2006
  4. totfit

    Gregg Guest

    Problem is that I can use the identical browsers and settings to login
    using another Ubuntu account, yet I can't figure out where my settings in
    my account could be wrong. I can also login to my bank account if I open
    the browser as "root". It must be some sort of permissions problem. Thanks
    for the reply.

    Gregg, Aug 5, 2006
  5. totfit

    Whiskers Guest

    Look at the permissions (or existence) of the directory in which the
    troublesome browser tries to file 'cookies' for that user.

    Whiskers, Aug 5, 2006
  6. totfit

    securityJ

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Solution...

    Hello,

    The reason is due to a corrupt flash cookie. The flash cookies are global to a user profile...OS profile that is. Which means, multiple browsers under the same OS account will not solve the problem. You have 3 options. 1. You can create a new user account, 2. run under sudo to call up an root level browser profile, or 3. simply launch Adobe Flash manager <http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html> and clear your BofA website (or for good measure clear all Flash cookie websites). Restart your browser and you should be all set.

    Hope this helps!

    Note: Flash Manager is launched from Adobe's site, but access the local player's settings.

    securityJ, Jul 18, 2008