    compatible to 32 bit) ... in general am looking to transition to a 64bit
    architecture while maintaining a happy wallet.. your insight will taken into
    consideration and will be greatly appreciated

    eck eck, Jun 25, 2003

  2. eck eck

    -=Chris=- Guest

    === I was minding my own business when eck eck blurted out ===
    Opteron is great, but it's not the cat's meow for home users. You'll
    outgrow the CPU before you inherit the benefit of the 64 bit processing.
    Wait about a year for 64 bit on the desktop.

    -=Chris=-, Jun 25, 2003

  3. eck eck

    eck eck Guest

    i was looking at the AMD site last night and kinda got a bit disheartened
    when the cost was running at $1,300/US and that was just the Tyan mobo, the
    chip, and the fan... i think i'll wait for a bit and wet dream on it, maybe
    if I get into "The Good" list then Santa Greenspan might... (reality check!!
    stop wishfull thinking here!!).. thanks for your reply...

    eck eck, Jun 25, 2003
  4. eck eck

    eck eck Guest

    eck eck, Jun 25, 2003