You have to think like Microsoft

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jacen, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Jacen

    Jacen Guest

    I've been installing/maintaining Microsoft server/client environments 6+
    years. Although I'm just starting to take the tests for the MCSE, I thought
    I could take the tests with minimal studying.

    I failed the 70-270 test the first time (The Exam Cram 2 book is worthless
    and I hate that they don't tell you what your score was, but that is a
    different post all together), passed the test the second time. The key,
    besides understanding the material, is that you need to think like
    Microsoft.

    I found myself answering the questions with answers that weren't options.
    Like in the 70-216 sample question I have a scenario where the 2 of the 3
    network segments can't get IP addresses through the router.

    Being a Cisco guy, I say, heck configure the router with DHCP relay and then
    they will get the info from the DHCP just fine. That's not an option in the
    answers, Microsoft wants you to use Microsoft, so you install the relay
    agent on each of the segments that is not getting their DHCP and yada, yada,
    yada.

    Know the material, hands on, reading (because hands on doesn't always give
    you Microsoft's preferred way) and THINK like Microsoft! That's just my
    opinion.

    Jacen, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Jacen

    Randy Guest

    The Exam Cram Book did fine by me. I passed the 70-270 two
    weeks ago. I must admit that I did use other sources as
    well. I studied the Exam Cram book last.

    Randy, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Jacen

    Gary - US Guest

    Step off junya

    --
    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    "Kindly do the needful"

    Gary - US, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Jacen

    Consultant Guest

    another case of the man holdin a brotha down

    Consultant, Jul 14, 2003
  5. So, you suggested enabling DHCP relay on the router. Microsoft suggested
    exactly the same - when we are talking about RRAS and relay agents. Where's
    the difference?

    Dmitry Korolyov, Jul 14, 2003
  6. Jacen

    Gary - US Guest