Yet another reason to switch to Firefox

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by AeoN, Nov 6, 2004.

  1. AeoN

    AeoN Guest

    AeoN, Nov 6, 2004

  2. AeoN

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Although I do use FireFox, I also use IE and XP with SP 2 where this seems
    to not be a problem.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 6, 2004

  3. AeoN

    Joel Rubin Guest

    There are some inherent reasons but the primary reason crackers attack
    IE is that it has the largest number of users.

    At some point, it may become "worth it" to attack Firefox.

    And at that point the "open source" may become a sword in the hand of
    the crackers as well as a method of promoting collegial improvements
    and fixes.

    (I wonder how come AOL promotes MSIE when they own Netscape? (Much of
    the Mozilla code comes from Netscape, of course.)

    Joel Rubin, Nov 10, 2004
  4. AeoN

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I heard something here recently that the guy who developed Mozilla wanted
    something to take out Netscape. He wanted something Godzilla like to do it
    so he named it Mozilla.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 10, 2004