    Respond to jameson(dot)keller(at)comcast(dot)net

    Thanks
    Jamie

    Jameson Keller, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Jameson Keller

    Kráftéé Guest

    If it states that it is, just as some equipment is only 10 base or 100
    base whilst others are 10/100...

    Also, what type of
    The ones I've met up with did use RJ45 connections & had screened cat5
    types cables, but I'm sure that somebody will dissagree with me...

    Kráftéé, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Jameson Keller

    JabberSmith Guest

    I think the deal with Gigabit cables is all the wires are in use. With 10
    and 100 not all of them are in use. (I dont know which ones though.)

    Standard straight through or crossover cables work though. Extra shielding
    is nice, but not particularly important if you dont kink the wires or make
    them too long. (Standard goes about 200 meters, the only gigabit I have used
    are about 5 feet, so I can't say how much longer they can go.)

    JabberSmith, Nov 6, 2003