    highlights of the sun. I'm using a Canon i960 printer with Canon paper. All
    other colors are perfect, but for the highlights. Any thoughts??
    Many thanks

    SHoff1945, Sep 6, 2004

  2. SHoff1945

    Jim Guest

    This kindof crossover problem happens from time to time. Now, assuming that
    both monitor and printer have custom profiles, you can correct most of this.
    First, make a selection for the bad area of the scan.
    Next, examine the RGB values.
    Execute the color balance command and correct whichever color is too strong.
    The RGB values should be identical or close thereto.
    Perform a soft proof of the image to see what the changed values cause.
    Deselect the image and try a print.
    You may or may not be able to remove traces of the residual color.
    Jim

    Jim, Sep 6, 2004

  3. SHoff1945

    Jim Guest

    It also may be that the color balance of the entire image is off - this
    problem is merely easier to see in the white light. You can correct the
    problem by adjusting the color balance sliders to suit (but you really need
    both monitor and printer profiles).
    Jim

    Jim, Sep 6, 2004