    downloaded and installed everything it told me to do (high-priority updates,
    software and hardware updates). Still, this driver has not been updated
    even after all that. How can I be certain I'm not missing an update here?

    Spin, Nov 3, 2008

  2. Spin

    Gerry Guest

    You version of usbhub.sys should be 5.1.2600.5512.

    Click on the Driver details tab and make sure you place the cursor on
    usbhub.sys.

    If there is a yellow question mark you shold have a Device Error code.
    What is it?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Nov 3, 2008

  3. Spin

    Spin Guest

    My version of usbhub.sys is 5.1.2600.5512. The error code is Code 47. The
    full Device status details are:

    "Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has been prepared for
    "safe removal", but it has not been removed from the computer. (Code 47)

    To fix this problem, unplug this device from your computer and then plug it
    in again.

    Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

    Spin, Nov 3, 2008
  4. Spin

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Nov 3, 2008
  5. Spin

    Gerry Guest

    Gerry, Nov 3, 2008
  6. Spin

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    Take out the USB hubs *and* controller chip?

    chuckcar, Nov 4, 2008
  7. Spin

    chuckcar Guest

    Go into device manager, highlight the "Generic USB Hub" click on remove
    and restart windows. IF it can't find a *different* driver with a name
    like 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Host Controller, you *don't* have the drivers
    for it installed period. Either because you just put a new USB card in the
    computer without first installing drivers, Ran a restore CD improperly or
    uninstalled the drivers. What make and model is this computer?

    chuckcar, Nov 4, 2008
  8. Spin

    Pennywise Guest

    you must think the same way, either something is plugged in and just
    unplug it and reinsert it.

    BUT the best fix for this "problem" is a reboot.

    Pennywise, Nov 4, 2008
  9. Spin

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    Would require a screwdriver and opening the case actually. This *isn't*
    necessarily an external hub, in fact it probably *isn't*.
    A reboot won't remove the driver, it will stay as a driver without drivers
    so to speak.

    chuckcar, Nov 5, 2008
  10. Spin

    Pennywise Guest

    is this ** crap supposed to be bold cause all I see are asterisks

    Pennywise, Nov 5, 2008