    Bizoune Guest

    hehe.. that's what I thougth! ; )

    C-ya dude!!

    Bizoune, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Bizoune

    Lee Guest

    I am studying for the A+ as well and wondered what you meant here by "
    Firewire (1394) does not even require a computer to fuction, usb does."

    IF you could give examples I would love to understand.

    lee

    Lee, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Bizoune

    Jinkies Guest

    Again if you two jokers want to believe that I haven't passed the test in order
    to remain deluded, that's entirely up to you guys. Folie à deux in action
    (yep, that's French, Bizoune!)

    Jinkies, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Bizoune

    Jinkies Guest

    So put down your Keenu Reeves action figure and try to pay attention.

    Jinkies, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Bizoune

    Jinkies Guest

    Well Kathy I wasn't going to mention names but you are the specific person I
    refer to when mentioning people who are certified who routinely ask the
    ditziest questions about computers here. Want me to pull them up on Google so
    we can all have a laugh at your 'certified' expense? Didn't think so. go away
    little woman.

    Jinkies, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Bizoune

    JD Guest

    The reason many video cams use firewire/1394 is because of the popularity of
    Macs for editing video/pictures.

    And congrats!

    JD

    JD, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Bizoune

    Bizoune Guest

    I didn't even know you failed a test...

    Bizoune, Nov 26, 2003
  8. Bizoune

    Bizoune Guest

    Here, I found something for you!

    http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1220

    Bizoune, Nov 26, 2003
  9. Bizoune

    R.A.D. Guest

    first you have to spell argument right

    R.A.D., Nov 27, 2003
  10. Bizoune

    R.A.D. Guest

    You can also use a dictionary for spelling,but punctuations are another
    story!

    R.A.D., Nov 27, 2003
  11. Bizoune

    Jinkies Guest

    And what part of my punctuation caused you to have trouble discerning my
    meaning?

    Jinkies, Nov 27, 2003
  12. Bizoune

    R.A.D. Guest

    were showing a lack of basic knowledge by using none at all.

    R.A.D., Nov 27, 2003
  13. Bizoune

    Jinkies Guest

    You've made three claims. Claim #1 is that I've trashed someones knowledge.
    As far as I'm concerned the only way I could 'trash someones knowledge' would
    be to strike their cranium hard with something like a hammer, which is
    something I've never done. Claim #2 is that I have a 'lack of basic
    knowledge'. Claim #3 is that you have evidence that Claim #2 is true. The
    evidence you are claiming supports Claim #2 is a spelling mistake you found in
    one of posts. You have failed to demonstrate that my mispelling of a specific
    word supports your claim that I have a 'lack of basic knowledge'. You could
    support a claim that I have a lack of basic knowledge in spelling if I were
    making a lot of spelling mistakes. But you didn't because I don't. Your claim
    is a worthless attack because you have no valid argument.

    Thank you for bringing my spelling mistake to my attention, it is very
    helpful to me.

    Jinkies, Nov 27, 2003
  14. Bizoune

    R.A.D. Guest

    evidence you are claiming supports Claim #2 is a spelling mistake you
    found in
    posts?
    perhaps you should look over "ALL" your posts, and you will know what I am
    talking about. All you know is trash talk.

    You have failed to demonstrate that my mispelling of a specific

    R.A.D., Nov 27, 2003
  15. Bizoune

    PJS Guest

    Speaking as a former test-writer in the army and a semi-geek, you really
    have to be carefull of the wording on test questions. In your first
    statement, you said USB. That to me does not imply USB 2.0 (a later
    standard). It is true, that all new computers have converted to 2.0, but if
    the question just said USB, I would be willing to wager they meant 1.0 or
    1.1 ("standard" USB as opposed to "Hi-Speed USB" (look at that new logo)).

    As to the video cameras, I pasted JD's comment here because it is what I
    would have said. Look around at the number of video (not still digital)
    cameras that run USB 2.0. They're starting to appear but are pretty hard to
    find. I don't think anybody ever even made a video cam at older USB speeds
    (just too darned slow). If they really wanted to download video, they went
    to the fastest (firewire/1394) technology at the time and in most cases that
    meant Macs.

    Just my thoughts. I may be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time, just ask my
    wife.

    Pete

    PJS, Nov 27, 2003
  16. Bizoune

    Jinkies Guest

    I don't have to re-read my posts to know that you have only made claims about
    my spelling and punctuation, which we have already discussed to my
    satisfaction. If this is important to you, then you can re-read ALL my posts,
    bring something that irks you to my attention, and we can discuss it. But if
    you are satisfied with expressing your disagreement with my statements by
    pointing out a spelling mistake and omission of an apostrophe then we won't
    have to discuss any other aspect of your disagreement. However I think what is
    really going on here is that you are simply incapable of expressing your
    disagreement coherently.

    Jinkies, Nov 27, 2003
  17. Bizoune

    Jinkies Guest

    I would say its ambiguous. Pete is not using words the 'wrong way', he's using
    them in a way to construct a coherent picture of reality that makes sense to
    him. The problem is that if he is employed as a test writer then he should
    understand how important it is to make sure questions are worded unambiguously
    so that they make sense to the greatest amount of test-takers, not to construct
    fantastic rationalizations as to why awkward questions make sense to him.
    Unfortunately, Pete chose to rationalize a defense for whoever wrote the USB
    question, prefering to defend a collegue rather than have the guts to hold his
    test-making peer to a professional standard. We see a lot of this kind of
    behavior in professional environments. A recent clear-cut
    premeditated gang-police brutality beating case in my city finds the police
    union sticking up for the officers who plead guilty, saying they will fight
    tooth and nail if the city tries to fire the rotten cops. This kind of
    entrenchment only further sullies the reputation of the police force, and for
    that matter, union politics.

    Jinkies, Nov 28, 2003
  18. Bizoune

    R.A.D. Guest

    R.A.D., Nov 28, 2003
  19. Bizoune

    R.A.D. Guest

    ". However I think what is
    Might I add, you can't out Bullshit a Bullshiter..and yes, you are right
    that's you.

    R.A.D., Nov 28, 2003
  20. Bizoune

    JesseTX Guest

    Yeah, but we are talking about a test that covers PCs. So you really
    can't base your answer on one choice being better because it doesn't
    require a PC. If the test was about digital video cameras, then I
    could see the logic in that reasoning. By the way, I would have
    picked Fire Wire as the answer anyway.

    JesseTX, Nov 28, 2003