Yay! My A95 is here.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brian C. Baird, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. A new toy!

    I'll let you know what I think after I play around with it a bit.

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Have fun. My mom got one and it has a lot of cool features but I never did
    figure out how to manual everything -including focus) so I could test it's
    true "shutter lag".

    Dave R knows who, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Brian C. Baird

    DHB Guest

    Brian C. Baird,
    looking forward to seeing some of your work with it
    because I just broke down & ordered an A95 too. The only potential
    problem is that mine may be "smoke scented" because I ordered if from
    B&H. After I placed the order I came here & read about the fire next
    to the B&H warehouse, which supposedly only suffered minor water
    damage.

    However I have great faith in B&H's reputation & am more than
    willing to wait a few days longer than their usual quick order
    processing. If nothing else, I may nick-name it Smoky. <LOL>

    If you get a chance please take & post a picture in "postcard"
    mode with the "date & time stamp" turned on, as I have yet to see a
    picture of where it prints in the frame & don't know what color Text
    it uses.

    Best of luck with your A95, I am certain I will enjoy mine
    since I have been very pleased with my A40 & A70. The "C" (Custom)
    mode will be new & I plan on using it to lock-in a manual focus
    setting to make it work @ a hyper focal setting of my choosing.

    Here is a link about how somebody did this with his A80 which
    has 2 "C" settings (C1 &C2). Even though this article as written
    about the A80, most of it will also apply to the A95.

    Hope you & or others find it of value.

    http://albert.achtung.com/cameras/A80/index7.html#SNAP

    Respectfully, DHB

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    DHB, Feb 27, 2005
  4. It's a little bit frustrating switching down to it from my 10D, but it's
    fun and the LCD swivels around pretty easily. Haven't downloading any
    pictures yet - I'm not expecting miracles in the image quality
    department.

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 27, 2005
  5. I'll see what I can do tomorrow when I give it a work-out.
    I'm still browsing through the manual. For a little Point and Shoot it
    does have a lot of features. Luckily the menus are pretty easy to
    navigate and the buttons tend to make sense.

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 27, 2005