[yate] Sangoma's Support Opens the Windows Market for the YatePBX and IVR Project

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Sangoma Technologies Corporation (TSX VENTURE:STC - News;
    www.sangoma.com), a leading provider of connectivity hardware and
    software products supporting voice transport, WANs and Internet
    infrastructure, and the Null Team Company (www.null.ro), primary
    developer of Yate, announced today an agreement to develop a
    Windows-based version of the GPL-licensed Yate telephony project.

    Yate is a next-generation telephony engine. While the project
    currently supports VoIP/ telephony gateways and Interactive Voice
    Response (IVR), its power lies in its scalability. Voice, video, data
    and instant messaging can all run independently under Yate's flexible
    routing engine while interacting through a unified messaging system.

    "Most commercial IVR applications such as call centers are
    Windows-based. This open source initiative will free developers from
    reliance on hard-to-use, proprietary solutions based on expensive
    hardware," says Sangoma Technologies President and CEO David
    Mandelstam. "Recognizing the inherent strengths of the Yate model we
    have offered our technical and financial assistance to offer this
    project to the large market that is dominated by Windows. We expect to
    take a leadership role as we support the project for the developer
    community."

    "Yate for Windows provides the first open solution for Windows-based
    clients requiring integrated, customized telephony systems," says
    Diana Cionoiu the leader of the YATE project. "Because of the modular
    nature, stability and scalability of Yate, it is a natural integration
    platform for the developers of high quality open source
    telephony-related software."

    About Sangoma Technologies Corporation

    Founded in 1984, Sangoma develops and manufactures voice transport and
    wide area network (WAN) communication hardware and software products,
    with an emphasis on the PC platform. The communications solutions,
    voice, data and video gateways support all popular WAN networks, line
    protocols and all standard PC operating systems and platforms
    including Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, Sun Solaris, NetWare and DOS.
    Sangoma Technologies Corporation is publicly traded on the TSX Venture
    Exchange (TSXV: STC - News).

    About Null Team Company

    With years of experience in telephony and software development, Null
    Team was formally created in 2004. Their primary product, Yate, is a
    telephony engine suitable for customized solutions for call centers,
    carriers, enterprise and SOHO markets.

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, Apr 26, 2005