    I'd probably be eyeing the Canon 450D as a body for this project if it's
    feasible at all, not sure what Panasonic has to offer by comparison.

    any input greatly appreciated, tia -P.

    Peter Huebner, Dec 29, 2009

  2. Peter Huebner

    Guest Guest

    using a converter ring is easy. you put the adapter on the camera and
    then the lens on the adapter.
    with rare exception, nothing works. you have a fully manual lens. the
    adapters are so that the lens mounts, not to translate the electronic
    signals. however, there is a nikon-canon adapter ring that supports
    some of the electronics in nikon lenses.
    all lenses are affected. any 200mm lens on a 1.6x canon body is
    effectively a 320mm field of view on a full frame body.
    4/3rds has a lot more options for using older lenses because the flange
    distance is shorter, but canon should work. however, you might want to
    consider just how effective this all will be, and whether getting new
    lenses is a better long term option.

    Guest, Dec 29, 2009