  1. Mr Widgetron

    Mr Widgetron Guest

    Passed em both, what next i wonder ?

    Mr Widgetron, May 5, 2004

  2. Mr Widgetron

    poorspeller Guest

    well, if you live in Oklahoma City, flip burgers because techs here START
    at $6 - 7.00 per hour with no insurance or binifets of any kind!

    davemeek

    poorspeller, May 6, 2004

  3. Mr Widgetron

    Mr Widgetron Guest

    Wonder what the rate is in Baghdad ?

    Mr Widgetron, May 6, 2004

  4. I'd guess mercenary wages, but then also mercenary hazards. Not a
    pretty thought ...

    Better perhaps to stay in country, and add to your résumé and
    experience. My suggestion for next cert would be Network+.

    Congrats on the pass!

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    Cindy Clayton, May 6, 2004
  5. That's too bad, I can't finish school because I passed my A+ exams and a
    company hired me at 20.00/hr. Can't pass that up, I'll finish school at
    night.

    chris134134134, May 9, 2004
  6. Congratulations. It's fortunate that you have the option, but
    (depending on your circumstances, of course), that's too good to pass
    up.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 11, 2004
  7. Mr Widgetron

    cc0275012 Guest

    I just noticed that the CompUSA's around here are looking for manager's to
    START at $35K/yr.
    So sad.....

    cc0275012, Aug 25, 2004
  8. $35k US here would be a very good salary.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 25, 2004
  9. Mr Widgetron

    AG Guest

    I'd love to clear $35 K.
    AG

    AG, Aug 25, 2004
  10. Mr Widgetron

    Brian M. Guest

    I thought I saw an ad for compusa techs starting at $8-9 per hour. If I
    could clear 30k as a compusa tech I'd be on the phone with them in a
    heartbeat.

    Brian M.

    Brian M., Aug 25, 2004
  11. Mr Widgetron

    Derek Guest

    I actually applied before I became A+ and he said he would pay me $10/hour.
    I assume the certified techs make at least $12.

    Derek, Aug 27, 2004
  12. go to medical school and you *might*

    Solomon Kozanski, Aug 28, 2004
  13. Mr Widgetron

    AG Guest

    Actually IF I were going to go back to school I'd work on getting into
    school administration but at 50 I'm not looking at starting another degree.
    I actually like fixing stuff, whether it's a broken network or a PC that
    won't connect to the internet.
    I even worked on sewing machines for a while but I just can't see well
    enough to make the adjustments on them any more.

    AG

    AG, Aug 28, 2004
  14. Mr Widgetron

    radical Guest

    radical, Aug 28, 2004
  15.
    Solomon Kozanski, Aug 29, 2004
  16. Mr Widgetron

    radical Guest

    I can't argue there!

    radical, Aug 29, 2004
  17. I hear you...I have recently lost a lot of my near vision, and that,
    along with my hand control problems, will make it nearly impossible
    for me to go back into any type of electronic or PC repair in the
    future.

    I'm still trying to figure out if adjusting a FDD or refretting the
    neck of an electric guitar was the toughest thing I ever tried (and
    was successful at). Stripping down and refurbing a carburetor is right
    up there as well. YMMV

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 29, 2004
  18. Mr Widgetron

    Joe Guest

    over 50,what you need is health insurance,and Tech jobs at min wage
    wont do it,thats if you can get any jobs, as most firms hire kids in
    their 20s,pay em penauts,& work em like slaves

    Im over 50,and its a struggle just to get any home repair calls, even
    with advertising ,since competition is so fierce

    Joe, Aug 29, 2004