    Is this Yahoo xtra mail service announcement genuine or spam please?
    Did anyone else get it?

    I tried Google but there doesn't seem to be anything there.

    geopelia, May 1, 2013

  2. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    *What* announcement - can you post it? Having some difficulty mind-
    reading your e-mail. :)

    Dave Doe, May 1, 2013

  3. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    And why try Google? - just go to the source website, surely.

    Dave Doe, May 1, 2013
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I was trying to get that from Google. I don't want to click anything on the
    announcement itself.

    geopelia, May 1, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    This is the beginning of it. It's quite long.

    Thank you for being a loyal Yahoo! Xtra Mail user! We are excited to bring
    you the new Yahoo! Xtra Mail.

    Starting the first week of June, you will be prompted to switch to the new
    Yahoo! Xtra Mail. The switch will be seamless and instantaneous--everything
    in your existing Yahoo! Xtra Mail account (emails, contacts, folders and
    attachments) will move over.

    Don't want to wait? You can have the new Yahoo! Xtra Mail today.

    geopelia, May 1, 2013
  6. ... so the correct answer to Geo's original question is ... both. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 2, 2013
  7. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    It's real. I have a legacy Yahoo account (not Xtra) and got a similar email
    a few days back.
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, May 2, 2013
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. Now I can have a good look at it.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, May 2, 2013
  9. geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    Generally not ... BUT! I have never, ever used my Xtra-Yahoo email
    address in anything other than the address that email is redirected
    from to my email service provider (fastnet.net). Nevertheless, I
    occasionally receive spam addressed to the Xtra-Yahoo account. Not the
    account name itself, but the unique email address associated with
    that account.

    Since I've never had any problems with other unique addresses used in
    my fastmail account, I can only think that the Xtra-Yahoo account has
    been accessed when thousands of other of their accounts were hacked.
    And that despite a very robust password that I've since made even more
    robust.

    Their appalling security is a matter of record - which is why I use an
    independent mail service.

    Donchano, May 2, 2013