    I wonder how the established players will react. This is definitely
    going to cause some pain for the small mom and pop companies.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Thus spaketh Wolfgang S. Rupprecht:
    Still not as cheap as.

    www.voipbuster.com , www.sipdiscount.com and www.voipcheap.co.uk where for a
    small initial fee you get free calls to landlines of several countries.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

    Stephen Todd Guest

    You get free calls to various countries for now -- now idea how long
    that will go on for, though. For example, Voipbuster recently dropped
    UK as free country. And sister (nonVoip) company call18866 hiked their
    connection charges from 1p to 4p - but still no charge per minute.

    Stephen Todd, Dec 13, 2005
  4. Thus spaketh Stephen Todd:
    Yes, there is no guarantee to how long these free calls will last, I managed
    to get around 7 months free calls to UK lines out of VoIP Buster, and now use
    SIP Discount (via my ATA) for the last few months.

    I used to have a BT line and use 18866, 1899 and more recently 18185, I was
    with them, when they had a per minute charge, and then they dropped that to
    zero pence per minute, however I dropped my BT landline and now use VoIP for
    my calls (Broadband via Telewest).

    Might as well make use of the free calls whilst they last, plus the above VoIP
    services are not limited to the UK or EU.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 13, 2005
  5. Great, when we dial out, instead of conventional ringing, we'll hear that
    old "Ya-hoooooooooo" from the TV commercials!

    "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"

    Henry Cabot Henhouse III, Dec 13, 2005