    I installed the Yahoo tool bar onto my Win XP system and egad the problems I
    got. I uninstalled it but the problems remain. Where do I go for help?

    Yeah, I thought of that....now how about a serious answer.

    Reggie, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Reggie

    Evan Platt Guest

    What problems remain?
    Thought of what?

    Evan Platt, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Reggie

    Rich Wilson Guest

    What problems have you been experiencing? When Yahoo Toolbar installed
    itself along with some other software I downloaded (can't remember what), I
    noticed IE crashing a lot. Uninstalling didn't help :-(

    Rich Wilson, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Reggie

    Reggie Guest

    1. I usually have my email forwarded to Outlook Express because I prefer
    using that tool. Now I can't get the mail to forward from SBCYahool.net to
    Outlook Express. Instead I get a warning message asking me to login. The
    box on the warning dialog box is filled in with my username and password so
    it should not be asking me to log in. When I click "Okay", in order to log
    in the warning dialog box blinks then comes back asking for the same thing
    again. I have to click delete many times to get the window to go away.

    Then I get these messages from Outlook Express. I checked my settings and
    they appear to be correct.

    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
    rejected. Account: 'My SBC Yahoo! Email', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol:
    POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port: 110,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
    rejected. Account: 'My SBC Yahoo! Email', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol:
    POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port: 110,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
    rejected. Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol:
    POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port: 110,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
    rejected. Account: '', Server: '127.0.0.1',
    Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port:
    110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

    2. I have problems with other programs locking up and shutting down for no
    reason. This started when I got the toolbar.

    3. I have problems with McAfee Security Center loading properly. I am not
    sure if this is related or not.

    rr

    Reggie, Jan 28, 2006
  5. Reggie

    John Holmes Guest

    Yahoo toolbar, and everything else that comes with Yahoo, is a steaming pile
    of crap. I've seen systems slowing down to a crawl after installing that
    useless software.

    Format and reinstall, and /never/ allow Yahoo on your PC, yet again.

    John Holmes, Jan 28, 2006
  6. Reggie

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yes, it is. All of the above errors indicate your Outlook is using
    127.0.0.1 as the mail server - 127.0.0.1 is your computer. Disable
    McAffee from scanning incoming e-mail, and put the proper incoming /
    outgoing mail server in Outlook.

    Evan Platt, Jan 28, 2006
  7. Reggie

    Reggie Guest

    I did as you said but still get the same error notice. I tried uninstalling
    all of the McAfee suite; anit-virus, anti-spam, firewall, etc. but some
    items can't be uninstalled or deleted. I tried reinstalling the whole McAfee
    suit get an error notice that part of it did not install properly. I am
    stumped.

    rr

    Reggie, Jan 28, 2006
  8. Reggie

    Evan Platt Guest

    If you get the same error message, you didn't change your mail server
    in Outlook from 127.0.0.1 to whatever it should be.

    Evan Platt, Jan 28, 2006
  9. Reggie

    Old Gringo Guest

    Run the SBC Yahoo selfsupport tool. It will get you back on track.

    Old Gringo, Jan 28, 2006