    I guess there is a reasonable explanation for a line to suddenly become
    a LOT slower than the day before - is there? Maybe Xtra is just telling
    more lies and getting away with it.

    canon paora, Nov 12, 2006

  2. canon paora

    Phil Guest

    canon paora wrote, On 12/11/06 1.58 p:
    They pay people a lot of money to word these things as vaguely and
    openly as possible.
    It's not a lie, it's just a very delicate truth.

    But why would *anyone* pay attention to their advertising anyway?

    -Phil

    Phil, Nov 12, 2006

  3. canon paora

    Peter Guest

    It's a lie if they are deceiving people into thinking the product is
    different to what it really is.

    Peter

    Peter, Nov 12, 2006
  4. canon paora

    Chris Lim Guest

    Because that's how advertising works?

    Chris Lim, Nov 12, 2006
  5. canon paora

    Phil Guest

    Peter wrote, On 12/11/06 2.40 p:
    They're saying that it'll go as fast as your line allows, even with
    insane network congestion/contention limiting your line, it's still
    going as fast as it will allow (it just allows it to only go very slowly).

    -Phil

    Phil, Nov 12, 2006
  6. canon paora

    Geopelia Guest

    "A lie" is unparliamentary language in Britain. Wasn't it Churchill who got
    round that by referring to a "terminological inexactitude"?

    Geopelia, Nov 12, 2006
  7. canon paora

    tylernz Guest

    Yeah, their network is poked, and the Go Large users are right at the
    bottom of the pile for speed.

    They have had other issues with the Go Large plan as well, on rollout I
    heard that Telecom had some problems and dumped EVERYONE on go large
    into the sinbin, and they couldn't get them out :)

    Off to a Great start... Then they had a seperate issue, where ping
    times were 3-5 seconds.

    As far as I know, both these issues are fixed. You can tell if your in
    the sinbin by your IP address, it should be 125.x.x.x

    tylernz, Nov 12, 2006
  8. Let me suggest a geek's version: "Truth 2.0".

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 13, 2006
  9. The Consumers' Institute would seem to agree
    <http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3877975a28,00.html>. You can't call a
    plan "unlimited" and then require consumers to reduce their usage.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 25, 2006