    geopelia Guest

    Are the problems xtra had last night anywhere near being fixed? I don't want
    to have to keep phoning them.

    geopelia, Feb 18, 2006

  2. What problems are these?

    A Nice Cup of Tea

    A Nice Cup of Tea, Feb 18, 2006

  3. geopelia

    whoisthis Guest

    Which ones...

    Crap spam filtering
    Crap bandwidth
    Crap connection
    Crap help desk team

    whoisthis, Feb 18, 2006
  4.
    alastair.geek.nz, Feb 18, 2006
  5. geopelia

    Ross Dawson Guest

    Ross Dawson, Feb 18, 2006
  6. T'was the Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:24:55 +1300 when I remembered Ross
    I believe that's a common practice.

    Waylon Kenning, Feb 18, 2006
  7. geopelia

    Ross Dawson Guest

    It's a pity they can't authenticate via user name and password for
    their news servers, would make my life a little bit easier.

    Ross Dawson, Feb 18, 2006
  8. geopelia

    jedmeister Guest

    it would have cost them more to block the service than to just let the
    network allow all access.

    jedmeister, Feb 18, 2006
  9. geopelia

    Rob J Guest

    Rob J, Feb 18, 2006
  10. geopelia

    Shane Guest

    er... it would be a hell of a lot easier (and this has been discussed in
    another thread recently) to have a list of ip blocks allowed, and any other
    denied, rather than implement an authentication on their server
    (which is twister IIRC)
    Not only that but a savings on traffic they would be paying for
    (ie on other Peoples Networks)

    Shane, Feb 18, 2006
  11. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    geopelia, Feb 18, 2006
  12. geopelia

    bambam Guest

    No we aren't all getting this spam. Your email address in your headers is
    not real is it?
    I have had an account with xtra for 12 months, never had any spam.

    bambam, Feb 18, 2006
  13. geopelia

    whoisthis Guest

    whoisthis, Feb 18, 2006