    How long will it take there shitty dns to realise that its not authoritive and
    drop the records? They are in essence impersonating someone elses authority by
    providing DNS to there clients when they are not authoritive.

    Richard, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Richard

    H.O.G Guest

    How long has this been going?

    If longer than 24 hours, log it with their helpdesk - they're usually
    pretty good at resolving these sort of issues.

    H.O.G, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Richard

    Shane Guest

    whats the TTL for the dns server?
    I usually make mine 24 hours, but you should check Xtras dns record with
    dig (or possibly nslookup)

    Shane, Aug 8, 2005
  4. Richard

    AD. Guest

    Probably never. My wifes business was in the same boat a while back after
    transferring away from Xtra and closing her account. You'll have to
    contact Xtra to get them to remove the zones.

    It was only months later that she figured out that she wasn't getting any
    email from Xtra users, and complained to Xtra that the issue got resolved.

    She eventually got the mail (Xtra had kept her mailboxes open too, despite
    the account being closed - so these customers didn't get a bounce either),
    but a lot of business and goodwill went begging as people assumed she was
    ignoring them.
    Yep - agreed.

    AD., Aug 9, 2005
  5. Richard

    Chris Hope Guest

    Yes - you often need to contact them to sort it out. I've always found
    them to be pretty helpful and responsive and the easiest way to sort it
    out is to email them. The address is soa at xtra dot co dot nz.

    Chris Hope, Aug 9, 2005