xtra broadband usage meter

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Andrew, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Im trying to check my broadband usage with xtra..

    when i go to thier site i get this:
    Apologies. This service is currently unavailable. Please try again later
    You can call us on 0800 25 38 78 for assistance with your usage or
    Broadband Usage Alerts

    This happens at work and also at home..

    I called xtra today to find out where im up to in the month and the guy
    on the phone said the web way is working, I told him its not and he
    asked how long i had been with xtra.. i said ages, Ive tried doing this
    at work and also at home..

    He put me on hold to go and check my usage and he came back and said the
    web way is working.. I stressed to him that its not working and asked
    if he could just tell me how much i have used... he said i can but it
    would require a password change...

    argh.. i told him not to bother

    So is there any other way to check it.. how am i supposed to inform
    telecom that the web usage meter is not working other then telling them
    since they dont believe me anyway
    ]

    Andrew, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Andrew

    James West Guest

    same here mate
    went on the 2M plan on Wednesday
    was trying to keep an eye on what I am using
    and have not been able to use it to see
    I suppose when 500 people complain it's not working they might do something
    IF they log the call

    James

    James West, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Just worked it out

    I phoned xtra again, Turns out that i have not checked my usage for a
    while now, Just before we moved house

    They moved our internet.. but somehow have got our internet login
    sitting on our old account (we moved the adsl over to a different phone
    line)

    Andrew, Dec 16, 2005
  4. Andrew

    Crash Guest

    I was getting an error - 'you have not been registered for this service' or
    something like that. I rang Xtra and it seems there are two ways of accessing
    the usage meter. The one I used that did not work was bookmarked and I don't
    remember how I came across it but when accessing the usage meter using the Xtra
    home page (www.xtra.co.nz), click 'my account' then click 'Check the usage on my
    Xtra Broadband plan'. The login page then appears and my login succeeded where
    it failed before - and usage is shown.

    HTH,
    Crash

    Crash, Dec 17, 2005
  5. Andrew

    Squirrel Guest

    I cant gt thru either way, got a letter saying I had blowln my 3 gug
    (god knows how) yet speed remains same over 24 hours later and I still
    cant see the useage meter (many days now)

    Squirrel, Dec 17, 2005