xslt/xpath string manipulation

Discussion in 'Software' started by juanita_guiterrez, Jul 29, 2006.

  1. juanita_guiterrez

    juanita_guiterrez

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    An xslt variable has the following format: "ab.cd.ef.MyTypeName"

    I need to insert a constant substring "ZZZ" just before "MyTypeName" so that it has the following format: "ab.cd.ef.ZZZ.MyTypeName"

    What precedes "MyTypeName" is completely arbitrary, but there is never anything after MyTypeName.

    I had looked at one of the XML books, where they used a "fibonacci example" to perform recursive manipulations. I was wondering if there was an easier way of performing this conversion.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    by the way, I don't believe I'm using the new XPATH 2, although I'm not really sure so I can't use those extended string facilities.

    Juanita

    juanita_guiterrez, Jul 29, 2006